Long Time
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Long Time Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 pm
    ----
Fellow Swine and friends of swine...

I can't believe its been >1 year since I've signed on, but there it says last visit Apr 24 2007

I will be away much more in the future but wanted to drop a couple of updates

I got PRK surgery in September (after failing a flight physical down in Pensacola FL) and although the Navy Flight Docs and I disagree about its effectiveness, we all agree that I'm better than 20/40 uncorrected and still correctable to 20/20 so I've qualified for my flight contract at USMC OCS this summer.

God willing, I'll go to 10 weeks of that, 6 months of TBS, and then start flight school down in FL early to mid 2009.

Even though I still never got the hang of them, the helo-fever of the saus has got me set on trying to fly one of either the new UH-1Y or AH-1Zs.

Though I'm sure I'll love whatever I get

Also in June of 07 I passed my private pilot checkride, though then I saved up money, and then blew it on my surgery, so I haven't flown since. But all in good time.

I'll keep you guys updated and when things slow down (not sure when exactly that will be) I'll try to get back on the sims.

~S~

#2: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 pm
    ----
Oh and I don't have too much time to look, but I tried to change my email registration and it didn't look like I could actually change it

Anyone done that before?

My school email expires I think in June

#3: Re: Long Time Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:07 am
    ----
Send a PM to Bushy with your new details so he can adapt 'm for you Wink

and all the best with your venture

fled
Cool

#4: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:37 am
    ----
SUPER COOL HOLMES. Mr. Green
Best wishes for the future

#5: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:57 pm
    ----
Congrats on your PPL Holmes.

UH-1Y or AH-1Zs

#6: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:23 pm
    ----
Thanks guys

And Fled, Bush hooked up the email so I'm good on that too

#7: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 pm
    ----
Hey guys just wanted to let you know step #1 was completed today, I graduated from OCS and was commissioned as a 2Lt in the USMC

Should start TBS in either Sep or Oct, and then hopefully if there aren't any admin delays I should be down in Pensacola starting my flight training by Spring/Summer 09.

Lots of ground work at TBS so I doubt I'll sim much, but once I start training again I'm hoping to get a setup going again.

In the meantime Suuuuwwwweeeee!!!

~S

#8: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:23 pm
    ----
That's great Holmes, Congrats!

#9: Re: Long Time Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 pm
    ----
WOW that is excellent, Holmes! Yes it's been a long time, and it's amazing what transpires in that time. I wish you all the best, they got a real fine SWINE on their hands when they got you!

And our deepest appreciation for your service to your country!!!!

Sorry to respond late...I hope you get time to check in here when you can, bud.

Erich

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum