Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:16 pm
    ----
Look for some downtime...probably a couple of hours, so don't panic. We'll have some enhancements, including two new "AFV theme" pages to choose from and additional new security features (that will largely transparent to members) like some controls over how many 'bots can peruse the site at one time, stuff like that. This will make for less slowdowns for you "human" users.

See this announcement:

www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=9343

#2: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 pm
    ----
Don't let the new look scare you, we've got two new AFV themes coming, and they look great. Just a few bugs to be ironed out and thuh' admins is all tuckered out gettin' us back online. Do not attempt to adjust your set...just yet. Wink

#3: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:49 pm
    ----
WOW!! Super bright! Mr. Green

For a sec there I thought I clicked on the wrong site!

#4: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:20 am
    ----
- JeffStringer
WOW!! Super bright! Mr. Green

For a sec there I thought I clicked on the wrong site!

Not to worry...you'll soon have two new choices of AFV themes (I've seen 'em) and they look'a very nice'a! Wink

(One's pretty much like the old AFV theme, with a twist, and the other one is, uhh...different. But still earthy and not bright. Bushy is just, well....bushed)

#5: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:57 am
    ----
MY EYES, MY EYES, LIGHT BIGHT!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist, looking forward to the upgrades, and if I haven't said it in a while,

Thanks to all the Com.Central guys for saving this forum from the Spambots.

Joe D

#6: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 pm
    ----
- Joe_D

Amen to that!

#7: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm
    ----
- Joe_D

Joe D

Actually it would probably be more appropriate to thank Dragonfly who wrote the software...

#8: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 pm
    ----
Ok fellas, all the new themes are up and loaded and ready to go... Smile Thanks for waiting!!

#9: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:01 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Ok fellas, all the new themes are up and loaded and ready to go... Smile Thanks for waiting!!

THANK YOU! AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

To set the TWO AFV themes (you have a choice now*) Go to "Home Page", look at right side and scroll down to the "theme box" and select the "theme" setting of choice (this will, of course, be AFV or AFV2, assuming you're "normal") and thereafter, if you're "logged on" (and when you do this) you will default to this setting. AFV2 is even darker than the standard AFV theme.

And Thanks to the hosts at Com-Central who saved us from the 'Bots of the past by offering us this space....for Bushy's favorite price, I might add...(though donations are always cheerfully accepted...and if you don't do PayPal, you can send to me, it will all get to the right place...I don't do PayPal and I sent him a check...that can be arranged too, ain't kiddin', neither.)

*(We do hope Dontos approves Mr. Green )

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Tue May 13, 2008 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Site Update Coming...today, downtime will follow. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Joe_D

Joe D

Actually it would probably be more appropriate to thank Dragonfly who wrote the software...

Writing good software is an important part but having folks who provide the ongoing care, keep the system alive, put up with all us moochers and actually seem to enjoy it is the most important part of the equation
From George who started the list and supported it in it's infancy to Doug who helped us find a new home to Bushy, Shadow, and probably others who we never hear about I appreciate them all

-> AFV News Discussion Board