I need some help on some pics
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: I need some help on some pics Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm
    ----
Hello everyone, Could someone please send me good hi-resolution photos of the following from Aberdeen, just one photo of each, but a nice view.......
1. T-3 Medium Christie "Tornado"
2. M-22 Locust "Jumpin Judy"
3. M-3 Grant/Lee "Lu Lu Bell"
4. M-59 "Iron Butterfly"
5. Elephant

If you only have a couple of these I would appreciate any or all of them.....
Thanks a lot..............

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:49 pm
    ----
AJ,
I have nice views of the first three in good light, maybe posted on this site already, but I have in higher res.
I'm in Italy right now so can't send until I get back, on the 28th. Someone else might get you something sooner, but you can have mine for comparison when I get the chance. You might poke around in "my gallery", #2 and 3 are possibly there. I have nicer of the T-3 at home.

D.

#3: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:00 pm
    ----
thanks doug.

BTW I will be going to Knox this weekend anyone want any pics from there?

#4: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:37 pm
    ----
Roger, you will be able to find a photo of the tanks 1, 2, 3 and 5 on this forum :

T3 Christie

Locust + "Lu Lu Bell"

Elefant

If you are able to take better shots of some tanks or vehicles at Patton Museum (that means, photos without the tarpaulins on some vehicles, or photos of vehicles with new paint or restoration, thinking of their FT-17) it would be great.

P-O

#5: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:21 pm
    ----
those are good but I need a little higher resolution for prints

#6: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: RayV PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 pm
    ----
I've emailed the M-22, M-59, M-3A1 Lee, and the unrefurbished Elephant, though my photos are probably not high enough resolution either.

-Ray

#7: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:17 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
thanks doug.

BTW I will be going to Knox this weekend anyone want any pics from there?

I guess I should see you there, if I can get away from a conflicting committment. When you gonna be down here??

Don

#8: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:30 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
AJ,
..... I'm in Italy right now so can't

(blah, blah, blah..) Mr. Green )
Someone else might get you something sooner, but you can have mine for comparison when I get the chance. You might poke around in "my gallery", #2 and 3 are possibly there. I have nicer of the T-3 at home.
D.

Not to be a thorn in the side, but Doug you sure do milk that 'OH....sorry, I'm in .....' excuse a bit to much.

A true member of the C.I. A. would either ....

A.) Retire/ quit for the quieter existance of staying around the 'ole homestead' Shocked or

B.) Ensure to pack digital back ups on disk of image library. (or even have secondary hard drive dedicated for C.I.A. related information &/or requests. Cool

A corrective action should be completed as soon as possible!!! Cool

I believe that you Mr Kibby, deserve to be placed on probationary notice. Rolling Eyes Do I hear a second, from the assembled 'rank & file'???

HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!!

Mr. Green

#9: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:54 am
    ----
Aye, second the motion. Mr. Green

Anybody else notice that "Iron Buttefly" is not an M59? Cool

#10: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 am
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner

I was just getting ready to mention that. I was actually surprised that Doug didn't. Maybe the local beverages in Italy have affected his cognitive powers Rolling Eyes

#11: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:13 am
    ----
Doug,

They're just jealous, but if you want to redeem yourself, get me an Italian M60A1 SN and picture Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joe D

#12: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:23 am
    ----
What is Iron Butterfly? I get confused on the boxes on tracks and i really don't have any referances to them.

#13: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:41 am
    ----
I think Jens is using the nick-name painted on RayV's M113 picture (Not M59).

Joe D

#14: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:41 am
    ----
- bsmart
- Jens_O_Mehner

I was just getting ready to mention that. I was actually surprised that Doug didn't. Maybe the local beverages in Italy have affected his cognitive powers Rolling Eyes

Jeez, gimme' a break, fella's, the computer charges here are usurious and i didn't look at the pic...just responded to AJ's request. I thought I remembered IB being an M113, but I was in a hurry. While you guys is enjoying a three day weekend, I'm actually working over here (medical congress tend to be like that, spanning weekends, and Memorial Day isn't big over here). Razz

#15: Re: I need some help on some pics Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:20 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Hey Doug! Have a great trip, I for one remember all those great photos you posted from prior trips! So I say Nay to Dontos' motion!

As for Iron Butterfly, she clearly is NOT a M59. My guess is she is a M-113A1 due to the 2nd gen light and antenna guards.

My 2 cents and a spot report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board