Linux Mint- Elissa RC2 is released
-> Software

#1: Linux Mint- Elissa RC2 is released Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:14 am
    ----
It's no secret that Windows users are targeted by more hackers and people wanting to do harm to your computer than any other OS. Obviously this is due to it's popularity and rightly so, XP is a great OS.

But for those that do quite a bit of computing things other than gaming, Linux has been making substantial inroads into this market. While non of our Flight Sims we use run or has been ported to Linux, using this OS for almost all other activity is indeed something to consider.

Most of you know I dual boot XP/Linux and stay in Linux most of the time. There are exceptions as some software I use for business or gaming only runs on XP, but for those programs, more and more Linux developers are porting over or cloning a Linux version of the same thing.

I'm no Linux guru, but this I can recommend. LinuxMint is an exceptional OS based off the Ubuntu OS which is Debian Linux in nature. Mint runs right out of the box and has some great software as standard features. On the Linux Mint site is an ISO to download, burn and run as a Live OS. What this means is you can boot it from your CDRom without installing it. This new version, Elissa RC2 is sweet and IMHO is worth checking out if only to see what the Linux OS offers. Did I mention this OS AND all the software is FREE?

To check out the new Linux Mint, Click HERE!

-> Software