Volunteers required
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Volunteers required Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:30 pm
    ----
Ok picture the scene...

It’s February 18th 1944, your mosquito Mk VI is fuelled and ready to roll with 4x500lbs bombs tucked neatly away. Your not alone, there's another 17 Mossies sat waiting all in the same configuration. The 19th is with Photo Recon Unit (PRU).
We've got RAF Typhoons as close cover air support.

Operation Jericho

This was otherwise known as the Amiens Prison breakout. 3 flights of 6 mosquito's from the RNZAF, RAAF & RAF co-ordinated an attack on the prison.

So looking for some flyers to re-enact this in IL-2 1946, any takers??

Timescale is to fly this on Friday night... ... Date to be confirmed, similar to the Bomber Racing night we had a few weeks ago.

Last edited by 401RCAF_Jel on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Volunteers required Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 pm
    ----
If at all possible, count me in!!

#3: Re: Volunteers required Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:26 pm
    ----
I'll make the tea and sandwiches. Cool

#4: Re: Volunteers required Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:11 pm
    ----
looks like I've seen the same message somewhere before.........

erm ........ some Tea and biscuits ?

#5: Re: Volunteers required Author: Rixster PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:27 pm
    ----
July 4th? I'd love to try it but unfortunately we have plans and won't be home until around 10/11 PMish. Sounds like alota fun though, hope you take some good pics!

#6: Re: Volunteers required Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:55 pm
    ----
I B THERE

#7: Re: Volunteers required Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:34 am
    ----
I'll see what I can do to be there

#8: Re: Volunteers required Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am
    ----
...a Mossie run, you bet. Just post up the times... Cool

#9: Re: Volunteers required Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
Erm guess who juss volunteered to do that Wink

Thud

I know I speak for all when you finally figure out a way of translating it to HitMan lol

btw good luck matey Mr. Green

#10: Re: Volunteers required Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:28 pm
    ----
Recieved Intelligence photos of the Prison from both approach angles.

This first is taken on HDG 250

Second is taken from HDG 150

Last Photo is a close up shot of the prison from approx. 600ft

#11: Re: Volunteers required Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 pm
    ----
I ain't going if I gotta fly in 'sepia'

#12: Re: Volunteers required Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:49 pm
    ----
lol
Nice work Jel.
Don't worry 'bout Kit, he jest sepia'd his pants.

Wink

#13: Re: Volunteers required Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 pm
    ----
Hey that's nowt to what i did to one of his spare uniforms... You heard the term 'goin commando' yeah lol Mr. Green

#14: Re: Volunteers required Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Jel
Hey that's nowt to what i did to one of his spare uniforms... You heard the term 'goin commando' yeah lol Mr. Green

Now there is a mental image I want to get writ off Rolling Eyes

#15: Re: Volunteers required Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 pm
    ----
Refer to initial post...

Date of mission re-enactment to be confirmed. However,
I can say it will be a Friday Night Mr. Green

In true Com Central fashion... if it takes a few weeks/months to organise... then that's the way it'll be. Main thing is for us to get together, shoot the sh1t 'n' have sum laughs doing what we've done since cfs1 Wink

Now if that ain't a reason to get IL-2 1946 installed... I don't know what is lol

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters