Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home*
-> Officer's Club

#1: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:22 pm
    ----
Air Race Qualifying was canceled today in Detroit due to high winds... Mad Sad Crying or Very sad

We got to see some cool side acts anyways though

Texans

Canadian aerobatic team:

This B25 was gorgeous....

F18 Hornet clipping along just under super sonic..

F-18 and a Late model Corsair

Red Bull Albatross

This was the Pylon blowing away... they couldn't get the damn thing to stay up unfortunately it was just to windy...

These were some of the better shots I took today... More Pictures hopefully from the actual *Race* itself tomorrow....

#2: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:51 am
    ----
excellent shots! Thanks -

hopefully the weather cooperates so we can get those shots from the race.

slow

#3: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 am
    ----
I love me some B-25!

#4: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 pm
    ----
This Chopper was doing barrel-rolls and flying upside down... ( he had a lot of altitude in this pic, it's cropped a bit... and the rotors didn't like my autofocus for some reason....
69thvirtualfightergrou...C_0004.jpg

This was the chase chopper that films it all for ESPN and such.. was pretty neat, he flew the course at the start too.

69thvirtualfightergrou...per(8).jpg

F18 Super Hornet High speed pass. Zoom Zoom! look at that moisture getting squeezed out of the air....

Same B25 from yesterday... I love that thing...
69thvirtualfightergrou...dr(8)2.jpg

This was the first racer qualifying since it was winded out yesterday.. he didn't qualify for the race, but he did have a nice paint job.. :orange:
69thvirtualfightergrou...27(8)2.jpg
Pilots name was Hannes Arch from Austria I believe...

The Red Bull Planes

69thvirtualfightergrou...hdrbld.jpg

69thvirtualfightergrou...alt(8).jpg

69thvirtualfightergrou...lon(2).jpg

69thvirtualfightergrou...lon(8).jpg

69thvirtualfightergrou...kyline.jpg

Breitling Plane:

69thvirtualfightergrou...IIM(8).jpg

69thvirtualfightergrou....jpg[/img]

69thvirtualfightergrou...ne1(8).jpg

We took the long way home through the ghetto and past the city airport to see what we could spy on the taxi-way. We saw the Canadian Aerobatic team getting out of their T6-Texans... This was the only one that came out... I didn't have time to switch to manual focus as we were driving by in the car, the fence messed up the other airport shots..
69thvirtualfightergrou...C_0193.jpg

Last edited by HA_needacar on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 7 times in total

#5: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 am
    ----
Great pics mate, thank you ! Cool

#6: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:46 am
    ----
WOW!!!
I'm used to seeing aircraft with only some sagebrush and blue sky as the backround. Seeing those buildings in the backround is awsome. Thanks for the GREAT PICTURES

#7: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 am
    ----
very nice pics needawillie. how ya been doin by the way?

#8: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 pm
    ----
- A1Trigger_Happy
very nice pics needawillie. how ya been doin by the way?

Doing good trigger! I've been playing with a lot of new toys lately hehehe...
Getting sleepy from editing so many photo's. (I bought a new camera)
- this past weekend alone I shot 3.7 GB worth of pictures Shocked

Still shooting em up with BGravey, Scottie, Slicer even Tailwaxer comes on every now and then...

You aren't playing 1946 are ya?

#9: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 am
    ----
Goodness.
BGravey, Scottiedog and Waxypops.
They're alive!!!
Say Hi for me.
Smile

#10: Re: Red Bull Air Race Detroit Pics *Dial Up go home* Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:05 pm
    ----
Nah ive gave up on gaming online. No time anymore with work and everything else going on. Talk to you later needawillie.

-> Officer's Club