[Solved] grey water no blue anywhere
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> CFS3

#16: Re: grey water no blue anywhere Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 pm
    ----
Good thought Bushy. In fact, ATI has new drivers out earlier this month.

It seems to me to be an issue with the transparency layer of the water. Either new drivers or some very serious tweaking in the guts of the CFS3config.exe tool might be able to address it.

#17: Re: grey water no blue anywhere Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:17 pm
    ----
That was indeed the fix, Bushy! AT least for me....the real issue is that water areas appeared as a gray, semi-transparent fog or cloud layer over what are essentially ground or forest textures. Looks kinda OK at altitude, but when you get close, very weird. Anyway, totally fixed now.

Installed the version 8.12 driver set located here:
game.amd.com/us-en/dri...radeonx-xp

This driver set seems a fairly significant upgrade and I had to update the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) at the same time, oddly the one I have griped about the new drivers actually being older...but it's good to keep everything at the same release level, so using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature in Windows Control Panel to remove the old CCC is an easy way to get all the old stuff out for ATI, then run the combo install for CCC and the new driver. As always, choose the "Advanced" option so you can de-select the unwanted and annoying freebies you get with this kind of thing, like "Folding@home" and the World Of Warcraf demo..yuuuuch.....

Anyway the results are excellent.....this card easily chews up anything CFS3 can throw at it with everything set to the highest levels.

#18: Re: grey water no blue anywhere Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:01 pm
    ----
Excellent!! I'm sure others will find this tread useful and it's been made a 'sticky'... Wink

-> CFS3