Spendy lil' tanker PDW....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Spendy lil' tanker PDW.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:48 pm
    ----
As useful as an M3, better built, maybe not cost-effective. Low production numbers, though.

The unicorn of PDW's....

Shocked

#2: Re: Spendy lil' tanker PDW.... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 pm
    ----
And don't forget the fitted case keeps it together and clean inside the pristine interior of the average AFV.

I thought so-called American Eagle Lugers were the big deal for US collectors.

#3: Re: Spendy lil' tanker PDW.... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:23 am
    ----
Very nice. I had an "SMG" (Stirling?) in my Chieftain when I first visited my regiment, but they had been replaced by the SA80 by the time I joined on Challengers.

#4: Re: Spendy lil' tanker PDW.... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:57 pm
    ----
IMO the Mini-Uzi is still the ideal Tanker PDW. The FN P90 is nice but still quite bulky in comparison and with a non-standard (low adoption) caliber.

Having hauled the m/45B (Swedish K), the AK4 (G3A3) and the AK5 (FNC) they were all bulky while in a confined space. AK4 being the worst, followed by the AK5 and the m/45 coming out on top ... but still bulky. When I got to handle a Mini-Uzi it was just right, you can tuck it out of the way easily and you can get more than reasonable accuracy out of it with the stock extended. It's an old design though and I know, 9mm leaves you wanting in anything but a close quarter engagement.

My 2 cents.

#5: Re: Spendy lil' tanker PDW.... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
And don't forget the fitted case keeps it together and clean inside the pristine interior of the average AFV.

I thought so-called American Eagle Lugers were the big deal for US collectors.

Well, any Luger is a big deal for US collectors at the moment. This Luger .45 carbine is a one-of-a-kind though, it's not rare it's unique.

-> AFV News Discussion Board