PreservedTanks.com
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 pm
    ----
I didn't have a chance to see any tanks in Norway. On the way to the airport flying out, though, I took a chance and did a 'quick' detour to the Combined Services Museum:

www.geocities.com/cmsmuseum/

I'll post some pics soon (but I'm away on a course until Thursday).

#17: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am
    ----
I'm back from Muckleburgh. I also visited the Cromwell at Mundford on the way home. When I backed up the photo's last night I found I'd taken 700, so it'll take a little while for me to sort them, then I'll post some.

#18: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:08 pm
    ----
A busy week - I went into work as usual last Monday, to find an email from a customer needing some software installed on their oil rig support vessel. Before lunchtime I was on my way to the airport to fly out to Norway.

Anyway, despite interruptions, work on PreservedTanks.com has continued. The latest milestone is that the second German book is now online, covering tanks from the Panther to the Leopard 2:

Preserved German Tanks Volume 2: Panzer V Panther to Leopard 2

I'm pleased to say the site is starting to get visits (3000 in this, its first month). Next I'm hoping to do tanks in Poland, then put up the promised pics from Duxford and Muckleburgh.

#19: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:00 pm
    ----
So you flew to Norge, put on an immersion suit, choppered to the rig, did the job and had time for a quick museum trip? Does Mrs. Larkin aka Mrs. 007 know what you really do for a living?

#20: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 pm
    ----
Hello Trevor,
On your web you don't have info about Hetzer recovered in Poland on Hel Penisula. More info you can find on this topic www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=6907

#21: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
Polar, thanks for that, it's new to me. I'll add it to the updates page (which is currently private). I don't suppose you have access to any photographs with permission to use?

#22: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:49 pm
    ----
Hetzer recovered on Hel Penisula I don't have own photos but I have photos Hetzer what is on Muzeum Wojska Polskiego (Polish Army Muzeum) in Warsaw.
picasaweb.google.com/p...3722103026
picasaweb.google.com/p...6736547074

On your web still missing StuG IV
In Poland we have 2 vehicles this type. One in Skarzysko Kamienna (Muzeum Orla Bialego) and one in Poznan (Muzeum Broni Pancernej- only turret).
Another part StuGIV from Poznan is on river and will be recovery soon.

#23: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 pm
    ----
I'll put up photos of those museums soon - perhaps then you can fill in any gaps. I'll post here once they are available.

#24: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:47 am
    ----
Next update for your web:
Muzeum Wojska Polskiego in Warsaw - Leopard 1A4
picasaweb.google.com/p...pard1A4MWP
You can use photo marked as "Lukasz Sambor"

#25: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:55 pm
    ----
Hello Polar,
Can it be an Leopard 1A1A4? The Leopard 1A4 has a welded turret.

Do you know the serial and registrationnumber of this Leopard?

Regards,
Lesley

#26: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:08 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Polar,

Regards,
Lesley

Well this tank is describe as Leo 1A4 in Museum but it could be Leo 1A1A4.
Tactical number is 327.

#27: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:39 pm
    ----
- Polar
- L.Delsing
Hello Polar,

Regards,
Lesley

Well this tank is describe as Leo 1A4 in Museum but it could be Leo 1A1A4.
Tactical number is 327.

The PZB vision device mounting on the mantlet makes it a Leopard 1A1A2

#28: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 am
    ----
Hello Jim,
IIRC the A1A4 was a SEM80/90 modified A1A2 (could be wrong.) Unfortunately I don't know how to recognise this type of radio (maybe different antenna pods?) from the outside.

Regards,
Lesley

#29: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:41 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Jim,
IIRC the A1A4 was a SEM80/90 modified A1A2 (could be wrong.) Unfortunately I don't know how to recognise this type of radio (maybe different antenna pods?) from the outside.

Yeah AFAIK they also had the normal night sight and the frame for the PZB-200 was also deleted.. Its actually quite hard to find images of this version...

The SEM80/90 antennae are shorter than the old ones... its the only way to tell the difference from the outside I think!

#30: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:46 am
    ----
Hello Trevor

An update with some info on the Belgian JPK, Gepard and Leopard 1A1 and1A1A5(BE)

Initialy the JPK's were in the ATK Regiments (8 Linie, 9 Linie, 13 Linie and 2 Chasseur a cheval ) with 12 Jpk each ( 3 platoons of 4). With the reorganisation in 1986 they left to the infantrie batalions with 12 jpk's each. There are still 5 Jpk's preserved in Belgium (1 in Leopoldsburg, 1 in Stockem, 1 in Brussels, 1 in Marche en Famenne and 1 in Kapellen which is currently under restoration). The rest was sold ( I believe to Turkey, but that isn’t sure).
The Gepards are still in Belgium ( We tried to sell them, but nobody wanted them), at least 3 are preserved (1 in Brussels, 1 in Brasschaat, 1 in Kapellen and maybe 1 in Lombardsijde) One was traded one or two years ago with a museum in the UK ( have to ask around witch).
Of the Leopards 3 1A2’ are preserved in Leopoldsburg, two 1A2 are in Marche en Famenne, one serves as a monument in Zelzate, one 1A5(BE) is in Brussels and the prototype 1A5(BE) with the extra armor on the turret is in Kapellen.
If you want them, I have some pictures of most of them.

-> AFV News Discussion Board