Tanks from Louisville
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- Dontos

You were in the area and didn't stop in and say hello!! Evil or Very Mad

Don

Now which is worse - being in the area and not saying hello or planning on being in the area and not letting folks know that you wouldn't be stopping to say hello when the plans changed?

Shocked OUCH!!

Point taken,....

#17: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:37 pm
    ----
Sorry Don,

Left Sunday from Arkansas for Louisville, Hit a fat Doe on the Western Kentucky Parkway at about 70 MPH Shocked , Lucky I have a tow bar stowed on the front or I'd probably be in the hospital or at the minimum my car totaled. Did some BDA and continued to the Louisville area that night. Spent the entire Monday at doctors appointments (VA evals) and managed to squeeze in the tanks between them. Swung through Vine Grove on a whim being I had daylight left and got home Monday evening. Now my little gas saver is deadlined until I can find repair parts to make her street legal again Sad . Check you PM when you can.

Joe D

#18: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:34 am
    ----
Joe u in louisville? need a car? I have a spare truck..your welcome to it..

#19: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:13 am
    ----
Trevor Larkum said:

How can you tell you have the tank in the frame?

Mostly experience and practice. Great thing about a digital camera is you can shoot as many pics you want. I just review the shots as I go to make sure I got what I want.

AJ2,

Thanks for the very generous offer. I'm home and am still mobile. It was my travel/ work car. I have few cars (Too many in my Wife's opinion) left to use. I figure a few junk yard visits and my egg beater will be back, love that 45+ mpg more than ever now.

Joe D

#20: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 am
    ----
anytime.....

#21: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:20 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Trevor Larkum said:

Mostly experience and practice. Great thing about a digital camera is you can shoot as many pics you want. I just review the shots as I go to make sure I got what I want.
Joe D

It's a great idea (and I guess if you had a dSLR with a flip down screen it would be easier - but I don't have one either). I'm off to the Muckleburgh collection on Thursday - fingers crossed - so I'm going to try the Joe_D-TankStick(TM) idea. The variation I have in mind consists of holding up the camera on a tripod, and using the self-timer - I'll post some pics if it works.

#22: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:11 pm
    ----
Hello Trevor,
Maybe I'am to late, but can you check some constructionnumbers of the T-xx tanks over there.
Of the T-55 I have only a part of the s/n.

T-55 CZE 06SKM..5031 pre jul03

[quote="TrevorLarkum"]
- Joe_D
Trevor Larkum said:
either). I'm off to the Muckleburgh collection on Thursday - fingers crossed - so I'm going to try the Joe_D-TankStick(TM) idea. The variation I have in mind consists of holding up the camera on a tripod, and using the self-timer - I'll post some pics if it works.

#23: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm
    ----
I should have left an hour ago, but I'm always slow to pack. I'll try to get that number.

#24: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:34 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Trevor,
Maybe I'am to late, but can you check some constructionnumbers of the T-xx tanks over there.
Of the T-55 I have only a part of the s/n.

T-55 CZE 06SKM..5031 pre jul03

Sorry for the delay. Here goes:

T-55:

T-55 main glacis:

T-55 bottom left glacis:

MT-55:

MT-55 main glacis:

MT-55 bottom left glacis:

I also took this picture, but it's not clear which of these two it was, sorry:

Note, if you are reading the number 5031 from the glacis next to 06SKM - and it's very faint - then I suggest it is actually 6031 (here in high contrast):

#25: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 pm
    ----
Trevor, long-standing question, what is the purpose of the grid pattern above the construction number?

Neil

#26: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:52 am
    ----
I don't know - I assume it's to record modifications and equipment changes, but I have the impression that Lesley is our expert on that and I think he can decode these markings best.

BTW, this MT-55 pic is my first published shot using the LarkumVariationJoe_D-TankStickâ„¢ - how's it look? Certainly I think it's better than any pictures I took of such a big vehicle at ground level.

- TrevorLarkum
- Joe_D
Trevor Larkum said:

Joe D

It's a great idea (and I guess if you had a dSLR with a flip down screen it would be easier - but I don't have one either). I'm off to the Muckleburgh collection on Thursday - fingers crossed - so I'm going to try the Joe_D-TankStick(TM) idea. The variation I have in mind consists of holding up the camera on a tripod, and using the self-timer - I'll post some pics if it works.

#27: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 pm
    ----
I think the picture looks great,

But I'm kinda partial to this type of shot Wink

Joe D

#28: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 pm
    ----
Once again, a historical precedent is set on the C-C AFV News DG. You saw it here first!

#29: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:26 am
    ----
- Joe_D

But I'm kinda partial to this type of shot :wink:

Joe D

Let's patent it, and retire to the beach!

#30: Re: Tanks from Louisville Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 pm
    ----
- Joe_D

But I'm kinda partial to this type of shot Wink

Joe D

[img][/img]

...That and the 'Data Plate Belt Buckles', should do well..... Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board