Eurosatory - Part 6: PzH 2000, Leopard 2A6 HEL
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Eurosatory - Part 6: PzH 2000, Leopard 2A6 HEL Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm
    ----
PzH 2000

Leopard 2A6 HEL for the Greek Army

#2: Re: Eurosatory - Part 6: PzH 2000, Leopard 2A6 HEL Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:08 am
    ----
Very nice Neil,

I see the driver's rear view camera is still being installed.

Got a briefing in 2000 from the German Liason officer in Knox and learned of this then. I thought it was a fantastic idea and allowed the TC to concentrate on the task at hand instead of guiding the driver when backing up. A friend of mine that was on the thunder run in Baghdad said they sure could've used that system. Trail tank had to keep it's tube facing rearward during the run. You have all sorts of problems when doing this. If the hull is facing forward the gun can't depress far enough to engage targets, not to mention all the heat from the engine washes out the sights. Other option is to drive backward, no problem for the M1 except with all the crap on and in the bustle rack the TC can't see without standing high up exposed to guide the driver. A rear mounted camera would have been great. I heard the TUSK program is finally addressing this.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board