Looking for M8 HMC, M19, M40 & M43 GMC pictures
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Looking for M8 HMC, M19, M40 & M43 GMC pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:13 pm
    ----
UK register? What?.... Oh yeah...

Honestly, I've been swamped for the past month or so getting ready for this most recent trip. Plus I was focused on getting the USA register out the door. Now that I'm back in the states I guess I have a chance to catch my breath. I'll see how soon I can get back to the UK register... No promises as to when though!

Neil

#17: Re: Looking for M8 HMC, M19, M40 & M43 GMC pictures Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:49 pm
    ----
Hello Tanklord,

well I'm trying to list only WW2 tanks, and it seems to me that M19 are WW2 tanks and M42 Dusters are not. First, the M19 is directly based on a WW2 tank and the M42 is based on the Walker Bulldog, which was developed after the war. Second, it can be discussed whether the M19 is a real WW2 tank or not, because its development started before September 1945, but it seems that it never saw action in any WW2 combat. But there are other tanks which are considered as being WW2 tanks, and they never saw any combat too.

Okay, well I will just have to keep an eye open while I travel up and down these old backroads. I appreciate the work you and all the others are doing with these registries.

#18: Re: Looking for M8 HMC, M19, M40 & M43 GMC pictures Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm
    ----
Have someone photos of:

M40 GMC – Charleston, AR (USA)
M40 GMC – Arkansas National Guard Museum, Camp Robinson, Little Rock, AR (USA)
M40 GMC – Mena, AR (USA)

and

M43 GMC – Fort Sill, OK (USA)

#19: Re: Looking for M8 HMC, M19, M40 & M43 GMC pictures Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm
    ----
I'm still looking for:

M40 GMC – Charleston, AR (USA)
M40 GMC – Mena, AR (USA)

and

M43 GMC – Fort Sill, OK (USA)

-> AFV News Discussion Board