Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:51 pm
    ----
This just came up on the armorfortheages.com site:
www.armorfortheages.co...20page.htm

"The current restoration program is on hold pending final dispostion of vehicles pending their transport to the new U.S. Army Armor Museum at Ft. Benning, Georgia. The volunteers are currently reassembling vehicles that are in different stages of restoration in preparation for the move. No further restoration projects will be undertaken until after the Ft. Benning move is completed during the 2011-2012 timeframe. The projects shown below are being completed for display in the museum."

Neil

#2: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:46 pm
    ----
A further announcement:

www.armorfortheages.com/index.htm
"Announcement
The Patton Museum volunteers regretfully announce that some of the events planned for the rest of 2008 will have to be cancelled. The only events we will be able to support are the Heartland Festival Parade in Radcliff on September 30 and the Veterans Parade in Vine Grove on November 8. The volunteers will concentrate their efforts on supporting the Patton Museum by working on the museum’s exhibits and artifacts. Please check Patton Museum Dispatch page link for current schedule."

#3: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 pm
    ----
Somebody said 'Let the Infantry pay for it! It's their post'. Crying or Very sad

Where's Sabot these days? Cool

#4: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:57 pm
    ----
Well, I'm glad somebody is reading my web site. Laughing

The entry about no restoration projects should be amended to read "no complete restorations." We can still do cosmetic restorations. We just can't make them run for the time being.

Also, the museum is acquiring a new, vintage vehicle. As soon as I have the complete story I will post it on the Armor for the Ages web site and here.

Garry

#5: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm
    ----
Yes, there a few sites I monitor... Changedetection.com is a wonderful thing Wink

Neil

#6: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:04 pm
    ----
- Garry_Redmon
Well, I'm glad somebody is reading my web site. Laughing

The entry about no restoration projects should be amended to read "no complete restorations." We can still do cosmetic restorations. We just can't make them run for the time being.

Also, the museum is acquiring a new, vintage vehicle. As soon as I have the complete story I will post it on the Armor for the Ages web site and here.

Garry

Besides the PZKW IV that you are getting from Aberdeen Sad Sad Sad

#7: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 pm
    ----
I figured you would know. Wink

That and maybe something else . . . or do you know that one too?

#8: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:32 am
    ----
Well I had planned on updating the Armor for the Ages web site with photos of the Panzer IV F2, but I can't connect to the host server. Mad Its been that way for several hours. This DG has been down for me also, just now coming back up after Midnight. Hopefully I will be able to load to the server by tomorrow. The photos show its arrival and unloading and some interior shots as well.

#9: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:15 pm
    ----
Hey Bob

Which PZ IV are they stealing? Crying or Very sad

Piney

#10: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:51 pm
    ----
Not Bob, but the PzKpfw IV Ausf G. See the "something old" thread.

Neil

#11: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:07 pm
    ----
Interesting readings.. glad to be informed that this Panzer IV has a new home.

P-O

#12: Re: Patton Museum restoration program on hold (link)... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:51 pm
    ----
- Garry_Redmon
I figured you would know. Wink

That and maybe something else . . . or do you know that one too?

Just got back from a Family road trip

I don't know of anything else, but I've been swamped at work and haven't had much contact with Aberdeen since the spring

-> AFV News Discussion Board