Ascout media tip o' the day....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:16 pm
    ----
Rip Door's "The End" to MP3....then play back in Win. Media Player with visualizations set to "Battery"-"radomization". Turn down lights, turn up sound. No Orange Barrel required (but you can easily imagine).

Cool effects, trust me....

#2: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:24 pm
    ----
Cool, Don't have that tune, how is it?

Back in the late 80's on my old Amiga computer, I had this cool device called a "Mindlight 7"........was a precursor to the Win.Media player and was an awesome "color organ", actually did some bizarre stuff with the high, mid and low freqs that I haven'tsen since......best thing since those speaker-lights bck in the 70's...and yehhh great for experimentation...with the music of course! Smile

amigahardware.mariomis...ARDID=1556

#3: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:22 pm
    ----
Whadday'a mean you "don't have that tune"?! It's the opening song of "Apocalypse Now" and the great 11 minute finish of the Doors first album (cyptically enough titled "The Doors").

#4: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:00 pm
    ----
D'OH!!!!! The "Rip" threw me - you kids and your newfangled terms!
Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:24 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
D'OH!!!!! The "Rip" threw me - you kids and your newfangled terms!
Rolling Eyes

Hey...it's even called "rip" in WMP....DO try to keep up, Old Man! Wink

#6: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:36 pm
    ----
Ratfarts...NO Doors on CD! How can I "rip" from LP??????

Hey maybe it'll work with Frank Zappa's "Watermelon in Easter Hay" from the Joe's Garage CD set.... will tune in, turn on, and let ya know!

#7: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:40 am
    ----
Moderator mode needed here maybe - I think:

a) Edgy's under the impression (given whatever reason or data) that it is legal and is trying to be helpful.

b) Boo I think you do have a point, and while it's the responsibility of all to ensure that anything of the like is kosher I don't think there's enough info yet about the exact source to get alarmed about. I'll confess I know little about it, but yeah it's sensitive territory at best.

No offense edgy but if the mods and admin here aren't comfortable about it it might get stricken from the record - just to be safe in this nasty world of liability and legalese we live in.

Main point here being: aside/along with legal concerns come our responsibility to protect good ol' Com-Central from any culpability in such matters; so in short we'll just say that edgy means well, and thanks, and leave it as "'nuff said" on the mp3 file thingy at this point. Lord knows we don't need Michael Jackson storming in here demanding royalties....or that ugly Rod Stewart chick, either!

Heck I was just trying to be funny when I mentioned "ripping from LP" Smile

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu May 12, 2005 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

#8: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:20 am
    ----
I will do some follow up on this after work. To me regardless if the program is legit or not the songs are copyrighted and I believe that constitutes piracy.
But i'm not 100% sure yet. If this article gets pulled don't be upset we gotta look out for the Community.

RCAF_MadDog
Com Central Admin Team

#9: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:25 am
    ----
'Zactly. Bushy offers us a real nice home here out of his own pocket (as opposed to other donation-sites) so we look out for him, he looks out for us, and unfortunately that means there's a "short list" of stuff we avoid discussin' - like No-CD patches, cracks, or anything bordering on the legal fringes, and best way to go is, when in any doubt, play it safe.

Hey nice day to fly though isn't it??

#10: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:47 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Heck I was just trying to be funny when I mentioned "ripping from LP" Smile

...and just to clarify that term...."Ripping" does NOT mean "rip off". It's the phrase used for coverting legit copies from one format (like a personally owned CD) to mp3 or other format for personal use by the same owner. It's even a function labeled as such in MS Windows Media player. My wife does this all the time to covert HER legit CD's to mp3 files that she can listen to from her player while jogging. This form of "ripping" is roughly like "burning"(to a CD) for personal use and is completely legit.

File sharing is another whole magilla and we won't go there.....

#11: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:55 pm
    ----
Poor edgy's gonna feel like he stirred up a hornet's nest....it's just 'cuz we love ya edgy, and we care! (sniff)

For what it's worth I'll make this offer: Any mp3 recordings (if found) from the 80's surf band called the Del Quads are hereby public domain for any combat/flight simmers. That would include our holiday-inspirational instro-surf rendition of "Gawd Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and our 25-minute crowd- pleasing closer, "NO Fat Chicks!". Kind of a cross between "Wipeout" and "Inna Godda Da Vida". Both very rare and highly desireable additions to the collection of any discriminating music lover.

Don't recall any of our stuff making it past the reel-to-reel stage but there's the offer to the community. I'm sure our old drummer would agree, and our bass player was likely drunk at the time anyway (if he even showed up for the recording sessions, which if memory serves, I don't think he did...or possibly could have!).

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu May 12, 2005 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:09 pm
    ----
"Del Quads" rocked, Man. Any group named after a couple of 4-bbl carbs can't be anything but great, even if they played that weenie surf music... Mr. Green

#13: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:35 pm
    ----
OK...<moderator mode on> Decision of the board was that a post in question was dangerous to the community given it's references (nuthin' personal about it....) and it needs to get "disappeared"...so, Presto!...it's gone...<moderator mode off>

Now let's get back to our irregularly unscheduled program, which is already in progress....... Smile

#14: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:30 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Rip Door's "The End" to MP3....then play back in Win. Media Player with visualizations set to "Battery"-"radomization". Turn down lights, turn up sound. No Orange Barrel required (but you can easily imagine).

Cool effects, trust me....

OK finally got to it....Frikkin' Spiritual..... !!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu May 12, 2005 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Ascout media tip o' the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:06 pm
    ----
Dangit!!!!! I can't take my headphones off now, keep hittin' replay!

The blue bus....
is calling us....
Ascout, where you taking us?

Oh... 'nother hot tip..... Windows Media player, View menu, Enhancements, SRS WOW effects, "turn on".....oh yeah!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum