Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 pm
    ----
Renault UE2 on the transport trailer
svsm.org/gallery/renault_ue
Renault UE supply trailer
svsm.org/gallery/renault_ue_trailer
Lorraine 37L 44
svsm.org/gallery/lorraine37l44
Citroen Type U45
svsm.org/gallery/citroen_type_u45
Laffly/Licorne V15T
svsm.org/gallery/LafflyV15T

And, as a bonus, Chevrolet CGT FAT Cab 12
svsm.org/gallery/chevr..._fat_cab12

#2: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:28 pm
    ----
That Licorne V15T is one of the strangest small trucks I think I will ever see! It is a conventional 4x4 with an odd shaped body and roof. The unusual part is there are dolly wheels under the front bumper, and just became someone that it might be nice, another set of wheels between the main axles. It is an 8-wheeler about the size of an M37 3/4 ton.

If you want to keep your sanity (or whatever favourable opinion you might have of French engineering), do not open that gallery!

#3: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:00 pm
    ----
Actually the extra wheels make sense and were not that uncommon. Many American Halftracks and White Scout Cars had an 'Antiditching roller' on the front bumper in place of a winch. It provided a rolling surface when you nosed up to an embankment or into a trnech or ditch (From what I have heard the M114 could have used one with it's front overhang Rolling Eyes )

As far as the wheels between the main axles that was also somwhat common in tactical wheeled vehicles for a while. In most cases there were spare tires mounted on freewheeling storage mounts on either side of the body. The idea was that it helped keep the vehicle from being hung upon a wall or similar narrow obsticle.

#4: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Actually the extra wheels make sense and were not that uncommon. Many American Halftracks and White Scout Cars had an 'Antiditching roller' on the front bumper in place of a winch. It provided a rolling surface when you nosed up to an embankment or into a trnech or ditch (From what I have heard the M114 could have used one with it's front overhang Rolling Eyes )

As far as the wheels between the main axles that was also somwhat common in tactical wheeled vehicles for a while. In most cases there were spare tires mounted on freewheeling storage mounts on either side of the body. The idea was that it helped keep the vehicle from being hung upon a wall or similar narrow obsticle.

I agree with Bob on this one, though I gotta' wonder why they went with such a front overhang in the first place, something much avoided in all-road vehicles nowadays. Term he's searching for with regard to the middle wheel set is to avoid becoming "high centered", as we know it with tracked vehicles. Otherwise known as being "stuck on yer' belly".

It's odd-lookin', but I can see it at least "working". Whether it did or not, I have no idea.

#5: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 pm
    ----
Reminds me of the St. Chamond Tank. It sure could've used a set of wheels or rollers up front.

Joe D

#6: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:20 am
    ----
High Centered That was it I really was searching for it and it just didn't come ( I was writing that while I was working on recovering a development server that ate two of the disks in it's disk array so I was sort of preoccupied

#7: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 am
    ----
- bsmart
High Centered That was it I really was searching for it and it just didn't come ( I was writing that while I was working on recovering a development server that ate two of the disks in it's disk array so I was sort of preoccupied

CRS Syndrome, happens to all of us eventually.

#8: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:30 am
    ----
Added two new walkarounds

Dodge WC-63
svsm.org/gallery/wc63
GAZ 410
svsm.org/gallery/gaz-410

-> AFV News Discussion Board