Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :(
-> Officer's Club

#1: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 pm
    ----
So I took the kite out for the second time this year hoping there was enough wind. I had no idea there would be so much set up involved with a kite when I purchased this thing last winter....

Anyways... I feel the lines/rigging were wrong. I can control the kite just fine, but it kept stalling in the air. Anyhoo... here are some pics from a few hours ago..

I ended up slicing my foot up real bad on something in the water, had to throw in the towel early...

no pic's of my bloody foot...

Got my butt out of the water for a while... but it was short lived...

#2: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 pm
    ----
Good luck with the foot

#3: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:55 am
    ----
Sorry you hurt your foot. "Hoping for enough wind"...............................You should come out here where 10 to 20 is the norm..................... 20 to 30 is standard................ and 30 to 40 is breezy...........Dang, but we have no water...... Rolling Eyes OOh well.

#4: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 am
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
..Dang, but we have no water...... Rolling Eyes OOh well.

Two words

Roller Blades Mr. Green

#5: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:16 am
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
Sorry you hurt your foot. "Hoping for enough wind"...............................You should come out here where 10 to 20 is the norm..................... 20 to 30 is standard................ and 30 to 40 is breezy...........Dang, but we have no water...... Rolling Eyes OOh well.

Goest thou wherever the JG300 member dwelleth. There shall ye find wind of great strength. Wink

#6: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 am
    ----
hang one of these under it

Cool
Piney

#7: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:38 pm
    ----
Nice pics there NeedaCar...If it's wind that ya want, strap Jel to that puppy..feed him a chilli dog and a couple pints of guiness and you will have enough wind to launch a space shuttle..he even has a special flyin suit with tow hooks

#8: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm
    ----
LMAO !! I'm just wondering how many years and applications that old pic of Sly erm i mean some random person can have lol

#9: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm
    ----
lol..yeah you were a bit younger in that picture Jel..

#10: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am
    ----
lmao,

looks that pic will hunt ya till the end of times Jelly Laughing

#11: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:37 pm
    ----
Look at the bright side...at least ya didn't end up like -->THIS<-- guy!!!

#12: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:56 pm
    ----
Or this guy in FLL yesterday:-

cbs4.com/local/Kite.Su...98049.html
(video)

www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...storm.html
(story)

#13: Re: Kite-tastrophy part_deux Pic's included :( Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 am
    ----
lolol I saw that video.... crazy thing is it wasn't just one guy flying them in that tropical storm video, if you look closely there were a couple people trying to fly them haha.

-> Officer's Club