Thanks for an Artillery Forum
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Thanks for an Artillery Forum Author: lovett155Location: Falls Church/Washington DC PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:59 am
    ----
I am very happy about the idea of an Artillery forum. Below are a few Artillery and Mortar projects I am currently working on with the web site links:

US M1918 Caisson for the French 75mm mle/1897 lovettartillery.com/US...isson.html

US M1918 Limber with the M1916 leather harnessing again for the French 75mm mle/1897 (I have recently served with 3rd INF REGT, Caisson PLT. Many thanks to them for the quartermaster manual on the M1916 Harness and M1910 Saddle plus many other bits of information)
lovettartillery.com/US...imber.html

German Limber “Protze� for the 10,5cm lFH 1916 recently imported from the UK
lovettartillery.com/10...imber.html

Re-building the breech block for the German 9cm C/1873 Kanone
lovettartillery.com/9c...anone.html

Applied for BATF Registration for a newly manufactured Yugoslavian 60mm M57 Mortar lovettartillery.com/60...ortar.html

Plus Dad (Leon Lovett) got the Ancient Order of Saint Barbara a few weeks ago from 1/41st FA
lovettartillery.com/News.html

I hope some of these new projects are of interest

Ralph Lovett
www.lovettartillery.com

#2: Re: Thanks for an Artillery Forum Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:47 am
    ----
Really cool indeed! My grandfather was an artillery sargeant (SP)in the big one. 25 pounders pulled by M7 Priests through Italy and then Holland. I'll try to dig out some pics when I get time.

-> Artillery Forum