Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:44 pm
    ----
Hello everyone, Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Photobucket has gone from $25. to $40. for the Pro account. I currently have 2250 photos (272MB) using 20GB's of bandwith with 176,000 hits per month.
I know very little about this but I would appreciate any advice anyone might have. Thanks ahead of time. Armyjunk

#2: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:51 pm
    ----
AJ, many are free, up to a certain size/bandwidth, which I think you've exceeded for most of them. I cheap out and use Photobucket, but I'm careful not to exceed the 100 MB limit and prune regularly for old posted images and such.

You could use multiple services. I've been too lazy for that and don't post so many images that I need it. I've seen your great aviation stuff, so understand you probably need more.

If you find one, please let us know about it!

#3: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:56 am
    ----
I confess I have multiple free accounts at Photobucket, each with a slightly different login.

#4: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I confess I have multiple free accounts at Photobucket, each with a slightly different login.

No IP tracking?

#5: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 am
    ----
Presumably not. I have 3 accounts all with the same password; the username is the same except the second one has a trailing underscore, and the third one has two trailing underscores (so easy to remember).

#6: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 pm
    ----
Trevor, I also have 3 Photobucket accounts, but for the airplanes I needed one large place to keep them. At this point I guess I will stick with Photobucket it is easy to use and when posting large numbers of photos that helps, as of today I have 2135 photos posted at Warbirds..... Thanks everyone for the input

#7: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:55 pm
    ----
I've been using Flickr. Seems good to me.

#8: Re: Does anyone know of a good FREE photohosting site? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Trevor, I also have 3 Photobucket accounts, but for the airplanes I needed one large place to keep them. At this point I guess I will stick with Photobucket it is easy to use and when posting large numbers of photos that helps, as of today I have 2135 photos posted at Warbirds..... Thanks everyone for the input

Sure. I'll be investigating it further myself soon, as I run out of local space on PreservedTanks.com. I'll be looking for a site I can link to, but where it's not visible that it's an external link (i.e. I don't want you to get taken to an external site).

-> AFV News Discussion Board