Is this Real?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Is this Real? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 am
    ----
Or is this a staged photo? I can't imagine troops having to pay tolls!

#2: Re: Is this Real? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:21 pm
    ----
He's getting her phone number. She's turned on by army men

#3: Re: Is this Real? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:23 pm
    ----
Nice to see a Challenger 2.

#4: Re: Is this Real? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:58 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
Or is this a staged photo? I can't imagine troops having to pay tolls!

I remember reading that when the Golden Gate Bridge was built that part of the agreement for the use of Federal land at the Presidio was that tolls were waived for all Federal traffic. The amount charged off just during WWII with troop movements up and down the coast was a huge number

#5: Re: Is this Real? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm
    ----
Hey Mark, that sounds like a true tanker answer! Okay, any idea as to why this Challenger 2 would be on a public roadway? I can think of very few places in the US where a tank would have to travel under its own power down a public road, with one example being Ft. Polk. You had to go down public roads to get from North Fort to the Peason Ridge training area.

#6: Re: Is this Real? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:09 pm
    ----
vehicles in the background appear European - not American (truck, bike and her coat looks like english attire), maybe this is jolly Ole England?

-> AFV News Discussion Board