Change in my status
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Change in my status Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:42 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,

Well, today is the first day of my retirement. I am now unemployed and not looking to do anything. My main priority is to try to make up to my Wife of 22+ years all the time I was not home. Hard to believe it's been 24 and 1/2 years. I will also have more time for my hobbies, I do have others besides Armor. It's kinda cool I actually was in the Motor pool where I learned to Tank my last day in the Army, Thanks to a Gentleman named "OB" who works for the museum. Anyway, I now also have more time for this DG too Mr. Green .

SFC (RET) Joe Daneri

aka Joe_D

#2: Re: Change in my status Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 pm
    ----
Thank you for your service, Joe. Look forward to even more contributions from you now, however (since you'll have all that extra time)! Wink

#3: Re: Change in my status Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 pm
    ----
congratulations joe

#4: Re: Change in my status Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:41 pm
    ----
Congratulations Joe!

Getting caught up on 22 years worth of honey do's (painting, cleaning, mowing, weeding, plumbing, wrenching, raking, remodeling, repairing and renovating, etc,etc) might make you want to re-up again!

#5: Re: Change in my status Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Hi everyone,

Well, today is the first day of my retirement. I am now unemployed and not looking to do anything. My main priority is to try to make up to my Wife of 22+ years all the time I was not home. Hard to believe it's been 24 and 1/2 years. I will also have more time for my hobbies, I do have others besides Armor. It's kinda cool I actually was in the Motor pool where I learned to Tank my last day in the Army, Thanks to a Gentleman named "OB" who works for the museum. Anyway, I now also have more time for this DG too Mr. Green .

SFC (RET) Joe Daneri

aka Joe_D

As my wife said 2 years ago,.....OKAY now go get a REAL job......" Guess I really need to now,......

CONGRATS!! Wish I could have been there in Richardson,....DID you see My 'baby'?

Keep in Touch.....

Don

#6: Re: Change in my status Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 am
    ----
Congrats Joe. What did O.B. let you drive?

#7: Re: Change in my status Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 am
    ----
Congratulations! (and commiserations too, perhaps - it can be a big change and hard not to miss stuff).

#8: Re: Change in my status Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 am
    ----
Congratulations Joe! Here's a toast to your retirement. Now take care of Momma and enjoy the good life. Try not to do it all at once.

#9: Re: Change in my status Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:11 pm
    ----
Congrats Joe

Piney

#10: Re: Change in my status Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 pm
    ----
Congratulations Joe!

BTW, can I use your full name in my AFV Register footnotes? This is actually the first time I have seen it Wink

Neil

#11: Re: Change in my status Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am
    ----
Congratulations Joe!

Thanks for your service! Enjoy your retirement.

#12: Re: Change in my status Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:53 am
    ----
Neil,

Sure, no problem there. I figure it's about time I used my real name. On occasion some thought I was Joe Demarco before, flattering but not so. Didn't realize that would happen when I came up with Joe_D. I know very little of Shermans and most of what I've learned was on this site. I plan on updating my profile eventually and come up with another appropriate Avatar.

Trevor,

It is bittersweet. The realization that I will never tank again is still sinking in. But it's time to go, being very happy I was allowed to do it for so long and experience many, many great things.

Thank you all for the congratulations, and as I say to many who thank me for my service, Thank you, the Taxpayer, for trusting me and allowing me to serve.

Joe D

#13: Re: Change in my status Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:45 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Neil,

Sure, no problem there. I figure it's about time I used my real name. On occasion some thought I was Joe Demarco before, flattering but not so. Didn't realize that would happen when I came up with Joe_D. I know very little of Shermans and most of what I've learned was on this site. I plan on updating my profile eventually and come up with another appropriate Avatar.

Joe D

Joe,
Regardless of the name, you've pretty much established yourself as the Joe Demarco of M60s. Enough so it wouldn't surprize me if he won't now been referred to as the Joe Daneri of Shermans at some point.

D.

#14: Re: Change in my status Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:29 am
    ----
Joe, Congrats!!!
I am only 3 years and 9 months away from retirement myself. I miss my days as an 11C and these days as an 88N just plain stink and I look forward to retirement. Take care and good-luck in all you do now that you are retired from the military.
SFC Jeff Button

#15: Re: Change in my status Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:09 am
    ----
- Joe_D

Trevor,

It is bittersweet. The realization that I will never tank again is still sinking in. But it's time to go, being very happy I was allowed to do it for so long and experience many, many great things.

Thank you all for the congratulations, and as I say to many who thank me for my service, Thank you, the Taxpayer, for trusting me and allowing me to serve.

Joe D

I understand that - I was on tanks for only a few years as a junior officer, and moved on once I was due promotion above tank commander. I still miss it, and am thinking hard of joining a museum restoration group like Duxford so I can get close to tanks again.

And I'm sure the US Taxpayer got his value for money, and slept a little sounder, because of you.

-> AFV News Discussion Board