For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups
-> FSX

#1: For Stoopy - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JPDrum PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 pm
    ----
Hi Stoopy

First of all let me thank you, along Milton and his guys, for your work on the Commanders. Virtually any the Commanders are among my favorite aircraft of all time! After seeing Bob Hoover in a Commander Shrike, flying one at an airshow when I was a child, I was hooked.

After loading up the commander collection, along with the prop fix, I am still having a couple of problems. The prop fix worked on all the models except for the 520s. The other issue is that on a couple of the 500s, the Argentina and the Ansett models, the fuselage are clear from the windows down, when looking around from inside the aircraft. Is there anything that be done to correct these couple of problems?

Aside from those couple of things, everything looks awesome! I can't even tell you how stoked I was after coming across this awesome collection of Commanders while serarching for a fix for the prop problem. My FSX is the deluxe editon and both updates have been installed.

Thanks

J P Lapp

#2: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: mjmalovic PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 am
    ----
- JPDrum
Hi Stoopy

First of all let me thank you, along Milton and his guys, for your work on the Commanders. Virtually any the Commanders are among my favorite aircraft of all time! After seeing Bob Hoover in a Commander Shrike, flying one at an airshow when I was a child, I was hooked.

After loading up the commander collection, along with the prop fix, I am still having a couple of problems. The prop fix worked on all the models except for the 520s. The other issue is that on a couple of the 500s, the Argentina and the Ansett models, the fuselage are clear from the windows down, when looking around from inside the aircraft. Is there anything that be done to correct these couple of problems?

Aside from those couple of things, everything looks awesome! I can't even tell you how stoked I was after coming across this awesome collection of Commanders while serarching for a fix for the prop problem. My FSX is the deluxe editon and both updates have been installed.

Thanks

J P Lapp

Yes, the Commanders are my favorites also and thanks to Milton Shupe and his gang. But I too have the problem with transparent lower panels in the cockpits on the AC500 (Ansett, N22WR, NASA & Argentina). Hope a fix will come along.
Thanks
MJMalovic

#3: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
Thanks for the notice gents - I'll be working on this issue with the 520's soon. Although I'm not sure if the transparent lower panels can be cured, that would have to do with the original model design by Milton Shupe & Co., however the prop textures for the 520 series was likely just a simple oversight on my part that I will correct.

#4: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JPDrum PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Thanks for the notice gents - I'll be working on this issue with the 520's soon. Although I'm not sure if the transparent lower panels can be cured, that would have to do with the original model design by Milton Shupe & Co., however the prop textures for the 520 series was likely just a simple oversight on my part that I will correct.

Glad to see your back in the mix and I sure hope all is well with you. The search for the Commanders found here was a long one, so a bit more time for the tweaks isn't a big deal.

Cheers and thanks.

J P Lapp

#5: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:49 am
    ----
Update for anyone waiting....

Prop textures for the AC520 series is fixed and packaged. It was, in fact, something simple I overlooked.

As for the transparent VC panels below the windows for the AC500's, I see that now and am rubbing my chin.....hmmmm.......actually it seems that the common factor is SP2 and the older mdl file that was used before the wood-panel VC's came along.

If it's in the model file itself I may have no other option but to upgrade the other 500 models to the wood interior panels like the other "woodies". Going to have to see about that.....

#6: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:14 pm
    ----
OK I have a cure for the AC500's with transparent lower VC door panels. The original texture file had a black alpha layer which FSX SP2 interprets (not incorrectly) as 100% transparent...since that's what alpha layers do, is control transparency for the texture bitmap. Simple fix once I tracked down the right texture file.

Should have it bundled up and ready to go today or tomorrow.

#7: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:29 pm
    ----
Excellent Mr Stoopy!!

#8: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:07 am
    ----
The package is done, I believe, I have someone checking it out now to BETA it and I'll upload as soon as I hear back, but it should be good to go.

Got a total of 4 fixes in it for SP2/Accell:

- Prop discs for the AC 520 series that I overlooked,
- Fixed the transparent lower door panels in the AC500 non-wood VC's,
- corrected the tire texture for the AC500 Cargo "AF" variant so the tires show up instead of empty wheel hubs (!!)
- corrected the alpha layer for the nose tip on a couple of the AC500 Cargo version repaints, so the hollow nose tip is fixed.

Didn't remember to look at the other post here talking about spots on the windows and 4 missing gauges in one of the variants, but I didn't see that and not all gauges make the trip over from FS9 anyway. If I get time I'll look into it but this corrects the majority of issues I believe. As soon as I hear back from the kind gentleman that offered to look it over I'll enter it for upload.

#9: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
Feedback is good, it's in the upload queue...thanks Bushy!

#10: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JPDrum PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:59 pm
    ----
Stoopy!!! You da man! Thanks for implementing the fixes. They worked like a champ and the airships look great. Now, do you know anybody who could do some tweaking on some 690s?

Thanks again

J P (Crash) Lapp

#11: Re: For Eric - Minor 500 & 520 Hiccups Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 am
    ----
Thanks and glad to hear it!

Hmmm.......well no one in particular comes to mind although there's plenty of talent out there......but now that I'm coming back up to speed and some time back on my hands, you've got me curious, which 690's and what tweaking?

If it's texture work, transparency issues, I can take a look at it without too much fuss.

-> FSX