Foreign Tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Foreign Tanks Author: RhinoQLocation: The Great Plains PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:53 pm
    ----
As requested.

These are bad pictures but a quick look. I'll try to get better ones this week before I leavewith my camera.

www.com-central.net/in...e&pid=2160

www.com-central.net/in...151&pos=22

www.com-central.net/in...151&pos=21

www.com-central.net/in...151&pos=20

www.com-central.net/in...151&pos=19

I will work on better ones!

Q

#2: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 pm
    ----
Many, many thanks RhinoQ!!!

Can anyone help identify these?

T-55 (foreground) and T-62MV with ERA???

Neil

#3: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:43 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Foreground Yugo built M80 IFV. Background, ACRV it's like a M577 built on the 2S1 chassis

- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Foreground Type69. Background Iraqi T55 with their own up-armor setup.

#4: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 am
    ----
Tanker2010
Do you know the difference between a Type 59 and a type 69?

There is one at Bergen, Germany preserved with a sign in front that it is a type 59 and it looks the same as the one mentioned above (ventilator, LRF).

Thanks in advance
Regards

#5: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:47 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
There is one at Bergen, Germany preserved with a sign in front that it is a type 59 and it looks the same as the one mentioned above (ventilator, LRF).

The ventilator has nothing to do with it, they both have it. Main ID point in this pic is the laser range finder. Not all Type 69s have the laser, but none of the Type 59s did. Not seen in this pic, but the other main ID point for a Type 69 is the engine fan bulge in the lower rear hull like that of a T62.

#6: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:24 pm
    ----
Ok, thanks!!
I change it in my list.

Regards,
Lesley

#7: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: mark67Location: Warsaw PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 pm
    ----
- tanker2010
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Foreground Yugo built M80 IFV. Background, ACRV it's like a M577 built on the 2S1 chassis

In the background is actually MT-LBu with Mashina system. It is command/observation vehicle for 2S1 and 2S3 units.

#8: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: Vivman PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:51 pm
    ----
- tanker2010
- L.Delsing

The ventilator has nothing to do with it, they both have it. Main ID point in this pic is the laser range finder. Not all Type 69s have the laser, but none of the Type 59s did. Not seen in this pic, but the other main ID point for a Type 69 is the engine fan bulge in the lower rear hull like that of a T62.

Also, if I remember correctly, the headlights on the fenders are clue to this being a Type 69. Type 59's have them on the glacis plate, just like the T-54/55's

#9: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:03 pm
    ----
Yep, T-69.

www.gulflink.org/cav/cav.htm

Which basically is a copy of the T-54.

#10: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:23 am
    ----
- JeffStringer
Yep, T-69.

Well, yes and no. The Type 59 was a copy of the T54. The Type 69 was an improved version of the Type 54 thst would bring it up to T55 standards or better.

On another note, man who captioned those pics on that site, lol. Soviet AMX-10P Infantry Combat Vehicle (made in France), Soviet EE-11 URUTU Personnel Carrier (made in Brazil), got the names right but the country of origin wayyyy off.

#11: Re: Foreign Tanks Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm
    ----
- tanker2010
- JeffStringer
Yep, T-69.

Well, yes and no. The Type 59 was a copy of the T54. The Type 69 was an improved version of the Type 54 thst would bring it up to T55 standards or better.

On another note, man who captioned those pics on that site, lol. Soviet AMX-10P Infantry Combat Vehicle (made in France), Soviet EE-11 URUTU Personnel Carrier (made in Brazil), got the names right but the country of origin wayyyy off.

Laughing That's why I said "basically". Laughing I didn't want to type out a whole explanation and only wanted to show the pictures of each tank. Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board