WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:08 am
    ----
I finally got around to watching the "Tali-Ihantala 1944" movie the other night and ... wow! They've (the prop-masters and director) really made an effort to make this movie as close to the real deal as possible. The movie is available for mail-order on DVD (Region 2) with English subtitles, I really recommend it!

For info on the Tali-Ihantala battle and Finn overall defensive victory see following links:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...i-Ihantala
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...f_Vuosalmi

Some pictures:

A T-34/85 about to roll over a Finn trench:

Soviet armor on the move.

A T-34/76 and a KV-1 vismod (T-55 hull, I've got more of this one if you want them):

A SU-152 vismod (T-55 hull again):

#2: AT weapons Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 am
    ----
A "Schrek":

PAKs:

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total

#3: Stugs Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:37 am
    ----
Deleted. Moved to a new post.

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am
    ----
More to follow (if you want it that is?)

#5: Characters Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:35 am
    ----
Deleted, moved to a new post.

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

#6: Re: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:36 am
    ----
Wow, please

Piney

#7: Re: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 am
    ----
Nice pics and looks like an interesting film.

Rikard, I would ask that you start a second (or third, if necessary) thread and move some of these pictures to that (those) threads. Admins has a policy of keeping picture postings to a maximum of 10 per out of consideration for those on slower connections.

Picture Posting Policy

Thanks for your cooperation!

#8: Re: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Nice pics and looks like an interesting film.

Rikard, I would ask that you start a second (or third, if necessary) thread and move some of these pictures to that (those) threads. Admins has a policy of keeping picture postings to a maximum of 10 per out of consideration for those on slower connections.

Picture Posting Policy

Thanks for your cooperation!

No problem! Sorry I forgot about the policy ...

#9: Re: WW2 Armor Intensive Movie: Tali-Ihantala 1944 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:32 am
    ----
'Preciate it, Rikard. It's easy to forget when one has a nice set of images and want to share.

Looks like an impressive production.

D.

-> AFV News Discussion Board