Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: mutt71 PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:43 pm
    ----
Can anyone help me find information (specs, etc) of the M-5 HST? I am trying to build a 1/6 scale model of one from scratch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 pm
    ----
No specs, but here are some pics I took of the one in Topeka, Ks.

kcamps.org/gallery2/ma...&g2_page=3

#3: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: mutt71 PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:06 pm
    ----
Thanks Tanker2010! I appreciate any help I can get. These photos will help me, that's for sure.
Thanks again.

#4: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 am
    ----
Here is a shot I took of one several years ago (2004, I believe).

[img][/img]

It ran around a little bit, during a 'Life of the Soldier' show at the Patton Museum.

It's a privately owned vehicle, not part of the Museums collection.

Don

#5: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:13 am
    ----
That belongs to Tim Garrett's 14th Armored group. He may have what you need. Their web site is www.14tharmoredre-creations.com/

#6: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 pm
    ----
I have some pics of a M5A1 HST that may help you:

M5A1 HST

#7: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: mutt71 PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 pm
    ----
Many thanks to you guys for the assistance. I am starting on the conversion and wil post pictures when done.
Thanks again!
Jack

#8: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: mutt71 PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:38 am
    ----
Here are some in progress pictures of the two M-5 High Speed Tractor's that my friend Art (Sparky22856) and I are building. These are built to 1/6th scale. The only parts from the 21st Century Static M-5 Stuart tank, are the tracks, drive sprockets, bogeys, road wheels, return rollers, idler wheels and tail light lenses. All else is scratchbuilt.

#9: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:02 pm
    ----
Now those are very nice! It would be great if later when they are finished to provide a link to their build in progress.

Thanks for sharing!

#10: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: mutt71 PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:39 pm
    ----
Thanks Jeff. I will post a link when I can. I'm not able to so right now.

#11: Re: Looking for Information on the M-5 High Speed Tractor Author: ddoyle PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:41 am
    ----
I suspect there may be some material in my "High Speed Tractor" book that would help you.

Info on the book can be found here:

www.steelsoldiers.com/...=ad&id=169

Best wishes,
David Doyle

-> AFV News Discussion Board