Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 am
    ----
Uh... I think that was Don's post you're referring to... Unless you mean the thread in general...

Neil

#17: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 am
    ----
Doug's been hanging out with Ascout again. He probably had a little too much to drink when he typed it in Twisted Evil

Piney

#18: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Uh... I think that was Don's post you're referring to... Unless you mean the thread in general...

Neil

No, you're right...I'll go fix. That Ascout fella' has thoroughly corrupted me.

#19: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:51 pm
    ----
WOW,....thanks Neil! I thought there was something in there that I missed. WHEW!!

Actually I was wondering if I might get censored..... DARN IT!!! Gotta try harder next time.

Thank you Doug, Rolling Eyes such moments of inspiration are few and far between, and often missed. Confused

I will go back to stealth mode, and do somemore editing (...or reediting), trying to 'rework' a few sites Cool ......

Stay tuned Rolling Eyes
Don

#20: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:40 pm
    ----
In fact, it's not T3. It's Christie M1931 Medium Tank, Rahway, New Jersey, 22 january 1931. He have welded front nose part of hull (M1940, T1 and T3 have riveted nose), different commander's turret, different gun mount and lots of another differences. After tests he's been returned to Christie, changed design of this tank - famous T3 Medium Tank/T1 Combat Car. Fate of M1931 is interesting: as i know, is been sold to England in 1937, A13E1 Cruiser Tank - this tank.

BTW auction already ended, or not? If not, send link, please. I'm working on the book about Christie tanks, and i have this shot, but in low quality.

#21: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:51 pm
    ----
- Dontos

NO TANKS, Mr Christie, Fort Benning is the heart of the Infantry. Besides, this tank concept is a mere flash in the pan, it'll never catch on.

Try overseas.

Rolling Eyes

Well, i have translated report from Fort Benning testing team, 17.01.1933 dated. In this report:
- T3 medium tank - most useful tank for infantry;
- Need standartisation of T3 medium tank (changing from T to M) immediately;
- need send all infantry AFV budget to purchasing T3 medium tanks.

etc.

Patton also been Christie tanks fan.

All simple: Christie lost war against Cunningham lobby in Ordinance Department. But after Christie tanks show Cunningham also lost all tanks contracts. True of life - it's been outstanding tank, but "money talks" Wink

#22: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 pm
    ----
Taranov,
Here you go:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...SS:US:1123

Here's another one for sale apparently - can you identify the particular model?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...SS:US:1123

Neil

#23: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm
    ----
It's M1928 Medium tank, real otstanding shot!

Another Christie tanks

M1922 Amphibious Tank
cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1...dZViewItem

M1923 Amphibious Tank
cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-2...dZViewItem

#24: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 pm
    ----
Bonus - rare shot of Christie 1910 aircraft Wink

#25: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: blair PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:34 am
    ----
He was well known for his running gear and track design but was he ahead of thecurve with sloped frontal armor as well?

#26: Re: Good picture of J Walter Christie & the T3 (captions? ;) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:14 am
    ----
Taranov,
Have you read Steel Steeds Christie? If not you should get a copy for working on your book.

BTW, this is the house Christie died in. Just a few miles from where I live...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board