Internet Explorer 8 "Beta"
-> Software

#1: Internet Explorer 8 "Beta" Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 am
    ----
Internet Explorer 8 will take the web experience beyond the page. Internet Explorer 8 introduces a new way to seamlessly experience the best of the web whether you are a web developer writing to standards or a user discovering a new online service. Be one of the first developers to take advantage of improvements in Internet Explorer 8 for your websites and applications.

Read More

Usual M$ marketing machine speal, but anyway...

#2: Re: Internet Explorer 8 "Beta" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:01 pm
    ----
I've been doing a bit of experimenting with IE8 and frankly see no real improvements from them.

The world is more 'cross platform' than MS would like us to believe. I can't believe MS is so naive to think that Windows is the ONLY platform. Apple and Linux are making strong headway into the market now. If (IMO) MS was smart, they would make their flagship browser cross platform.

Frankly, I still don't like the way IE works and prefer FireFox... Wink

#3: Re: Internet Explorer 8 "Beta" Author: Rixster PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 pm
    ----
I use both IE7 & firefox..I'd probably just use forefox but for some reason I still have problems watching por..ahemmmm,,,u tube videos...Never any probs veiwing them with IE7...something about the quicktime plugin for firefox or something, I dunno....

#4: Re: Internet Explorer 8 "Beta" Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 pm
    ----
Hmm, I have no trouble watching por... er... the mating habits of skwirrells on YouTube.
I use, IE7 and FF.
You may need to alter your default viewer for Firefox somehow.
Don't ask me how though.
I'm able to view movies in FF using Media Player, Real Player, and Quicktime.

#5: Re: Internet Explorer 8 "Beta" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:16 pm
    ----
Tools/AddOns/Plugins on the FF menu will show you what you have.

There is an issue with some sites using Flash that Linux (with any browser) has an issue with, but for the most part, all works fine.

You may want to try looking at FF's Add-On Plug In site for more info... Smile

-> Software