Crappy movie, GREAT scene...
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm
    ----
Setup: Contract killer who has "flair". "Harry Heck" is Mark Collie, CW ar-teest. He shoulda' been tapped for "Walk the Line" as Johnny Cash (assuming he coulda' stayed sober long enough). Shoulda' won an Oscar for "best scene in an otherwise awful film" category.....

"In Time"

#2: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:06 pm
    ----
....something even a born and bred "surf music" fan might enjoy*.... Wink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxQ0BWOu1w

*(even if the 'Stang and the GTO cut their wheels outside of the flagman at the launch. "Ascout" would never do that. Wink )

#3: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm
    ----
I remember that scene - was right before his armored GTO got thrashed by that guy in what I think I remember was, a puke-green Plymouth Duster? Or some Mopar along that line?

COOL tune and a little "Dead Man's Curve" inspiration in the storyline ("never saw them again")....but a ducktail spoiler on that sweet little '65 Fastback? Dang Rednecks!!! Laughing

Thank'ee!!!!

#4: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:25 pm
    ----
YO! Longer version, additional verse. He's no Leo Kottke, but I think he's channeling the spirit of Johnny Cash.

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#5: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:32 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I remember that scene - was right before his armored GTO got thrashed by that guy in what I think I remember was, a puke-green Plymouth Duster? Or some Mopar along that line?

Thank'ee!!!!

'68 Plymouth Satellite Sport VISMOD'ed to resemble a Road Runner.

Check it out!

www.thepunishermerchan...biles.html

'course, in real life, the GTO would have eaten the 'Stang's lunch off the line, but in a road race, with any suspension at all, the Hardin County Line woulda' come up first for the 'Stang. Wink

#6: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 am
    ----
Huh...."This is being offered to the public for the first time"....they're selling those vehicles? Wonder what they're asking????

And yep my money would be with that lightweight 'Stang with the Hi-Po 289 too on a good ol' fashioned backroad race!

#7: Re: Crappy movie, GREAT scene... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:21 am
    ----
LOL, he does look like a young Johnny Cash (the speed days). When Johnny looked 20 years older than he really was.

Like the song.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum