±Recent Visitors

Recent Visitors to Com-Central!
COD 4 :: Archived
Post here about your favorite "Ground Pounder Games!"
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Ground Pounders!!

Topic Archived View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:20 pm
Post subject: COD 4

looks good and still runable by middle class type PC's.

www.gamespot.com/pc/ac...index.html
Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:49 am
Post subject: Re: COD 4

Thanks Chuck and I've always liked the COD series of games. The first one is still my favorite, but all of them are really good IMO. I haven't picked up 4 or tried the demo. Have you tried it yet?
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Looked at some of the game trailers on this today and it's looking sweet. Released in UK Friday 9th Nov. If it plays anything like Cod2 & United Offensive then it'll be a winner (imo).

Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 pm

I actually was a little dissapointed in COD 2. The game play was a little too scripted and the online was realy boring crap! sry to be blunt, the graphics and animations are top notch on that game though. but its really an arcade style game IMO, however COD 4 looks like a departure from that so i'm looking forward to the reviews when it comes out. I havent found a demo yet.
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey we're all entitled to our own opinions right Wink

Not found a demo either, full game should of been released ova your side of the pond last week though.

Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:35 pm

downloads.gwn.com/down...rfare.html

Here's a link for the demo.. I havent tried it yet but i'm grinning with anticipation. Mr. Green
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 am

Bought it today. Very slick graphically on me newish puter. This could be replacing JOPS for me. Only gave it a quick run out in multiplayer and downside looks like there's no coop mode as with JOPS but i'll look further into that, i might be missing it so far.

Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:28 am

Keep us posted Jel and I should have it by this weekend... Wink
RAF92_Moser
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:55 am

Played it and beat it. Don't be surprised...COD4 is a game on rails, but it almost does it perfectly. The action is really intense, and getting through the levels is equivalent of staying on top of a bull for eight seconds. The campaign is short, only five to six hours on regular difficulty. But those five to six hours were some of the best I have ever enjoyed. I played it straight through. Some of the levels mix things up, like a huge assassin mission, or operating as a gunner on a AC-130 Spectre gunship...FUN!

The multiplayer is not the boring multiplayer you know in COD2. There are so many additions and games, it surpasses HALO for sure. You can create classes and modify weapons and have multiplayer perks such as increased penetration so that your bullets can further through thicker walls. Multiplayer will probably where you spend the most time with.

Everything feels like a COD game and it is very authentic. A huge breath of fresh air from the WWII genre.

9.9/10...and I mean it.

SnwMan0
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 pm

Latest Patch For Online MP ver. 1.2 ~ callofduty.filefront.c...atch;84486

Ullus Vicis , Ullus Qua.
Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:30 pm

A MP patch already?...Geezz...lol
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:35 am

Ain't it the norm nower days... bet your bottom dollar that it ain't even boxed at the factories and there's a patch already waiting for D/L... sheesh!! Wink

Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Well I finally got around to installing the demo, I'm really disappointed......The graphics are great as usual but its soooooo scripted and the action is so intense I found myself just going Rambo and shooting at everything that moves like a crazed lunatic.

And why not......your a complete bullet sponge just like Cod2 as you have a built in reset button built into your kevlar somewhere where when you start to see red, you just take a little break and you'll be fine Shocked .

Maybe I'm just getting tired of these games or maybe FPshooters have nowhere else to go. I tried it on all skill levels and it seems that easy is "too" easy and the harder ones are just too insane(insert epileptic warning here) too the point of just being dumb. I hope I don't sound too harsh I know a lot of you all really enjoy these games but I think personaly I am done with them.

I like strategey so in there lies the problem for me. I havent played the thing on line but because the game play is so similar to Cod2 I'm assuming
that it's roughly the same? Despite Mosers post I'm very skeptical, Please correct me if I'm wrong I'd love a decent new online shooter... I apoligize if this sounds like a rant cuz it's not.

I will likely purchase it someday....when it's in the $9.99 bin and maybe kill a weekend with it Neutral but other than that i'll be stickin to me JOPs for a while longer and Red Orchestra. Sorry ....maybe I'm just getting old lol, lately my wife has been telling me I might need to go on the "pill" he he .
SnwMan0
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 pm

This is actually the second patch ... Notice the Ver. 1.2 lol - 2 years of CoD2 and we didnt even get one patch ... atleast its a start.

MP is where its at Chuck ... As a lone gamer - This series isnt for you. Though i will admit a Full 30 man server is to busy IMHO - I'm looking forward to some smaller scrims and Comp's to utilize the steller options 4 has to offer.

Nade Toss Back - Somone dosnt cook there nade , Throw it back at them.

Shoot through Wall's - Just like a real M4 or G3 would do , No more hiding behind flimsy sheet metal for protection ... More power with the deep penitration Perk

More Custom Options - With Rank Up's - More health combined with added bullet damage or are you more fit for a Sniper with the Longer Breath Hold and UAV blocker Perk .... Cutom setups are numorous and keep coming with ingame challanges that you complete.

Ullus Vicis , Ullus Qua.
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Chuck... can't fault your comments. If you have a good end machine that'll play the nice graphics, then imo it kicks jops into the ground screeming. BUT cod4 falls down simply because there's no M/P coop facility or mission builder (3rd party or whatever).

Having said that although full game could be described as scripted... I've been at singlke player mode now since release in UK couple weeks ago and i have no idea how far into the game i am but i am having a blast carrying my SAS gaffer around defending our LZ/Pickup.

SnwManO... 1st of all good to see your active still on CC I was offline for a long while (cough cough 2 yrs approx )

Multiplayer mode... hmmmm tried it a little, didin't like it a lot! Erm, maybe i'm out of sync here as i've not been "playing" as much as i used to, but best phrase that springs to mind is... bunch of nutters running round shooting anything that either moves or don't move!!
If we were to gather some chaps here from CC that have cod4 for some serious M/P gaming then i do however think there's a bucket load of laughs to be had!??

Final comment... Jops still floats my boat because of Coop missions.

Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Ground Pounders!!
Page 1 of 2