"Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 pm
    ----
I also deleted the .dat file from the "Asia" "Scenery" folder and let it rebuild. That didn't fool it either. If I drag in map or slew, I go to black screen and lock up in the area anywhere near Da Nang.

HALP!

#17: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:19 pm
    ----
SWEET BABY JESUS IN A BARBWIRE BASSINET! You scared the tinkle right out of me! I mean, I'm barely holding my fudge right now.... Shocked

The bad news is, I already reinstated that file on a suspicion last night...and my Da Nang is still missing (I fade to black and lock the game when I try to go there, or start there).

I feel a disturbance in the force....like a million dying souls screamed out as if swallowed by a corrupt file.

How do I gets my province back?

#18: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:58 pm
    ----

Sorry for any inconvinience caused, but please re-instate AP976260.BGL to active duty Confused

Seems that they have tossed in more than one field in that BGL

Without the above mentioned file DaNang seems to be vanished of the face of the earth ......

fled

#19: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:54 pm
    ----
Sorry I can't help much with this other than suggesting reversing the most recent changes and addons in order. I do wonder if deleting the scenery.dat file in each add-on scenery folder, and letting the whole thing rebuild on the next startup, would help get things uncrossed.

#20: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:59 pm
    ----
I'm not at home at this moment, as soon as I get there I'll throw myself on it and check from this end.

fled
Confused

#21: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:23 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Can you start a flight at Da Nang?

Oh duh, forget it, you answered that a couple posts up.

Did your B-58's conduct a "live fire" exercise in that area recently? Evil or Very Mad

#22: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:02 am
    ----
Can you start a flight at Da Nang?

Oh duh, forget it, you answered that a couple posts up.

#23: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:56 am
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Shocked

AP976260.bgl is the number I have here, in case off, just re-activate it.

Confused

I did, but didn't help. I've lost DaNang! This happened after I installed Chu Lai and deleted the three MountainFlatten thingy's because I have mesh installed.

If I try to fly to DaNang, about 10 miles out, my screen goes black and my game locks up. If I try to start there, I lock up at "loading terrain" or whatever. It's like I lost a hundred and fifty square mile area! Shocked

#24: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:37 am
    ----
Shocked

AP976260.bgl is the number I have here, in case off, just re-activate it.

Confused

#25: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:45 am
    ----
Hey, Fled...ya' know that asia airport thingy you had me rename from asia scenery the one that deactivated Phu Bai stock, ostensibly)? Are you sure it was the right file? I mention it because since I did that, I lost Da Nang. In fact, I can't even add Da Nang from two addon sceneries I've got...FS2004 crashes when I try to start there. When I overfly it from Phu Bai or Chu Lai, there's no airport there no mo'!

Could you check that file number for me, please?

#26: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I would just like to point out at this time that this thread has made it to 12 pages, and the other thread is 18 pages.....so some kind of celebration in reaching the 30-page mark seems in order!!!

It'll be worth it. Wink

#27: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:29 pm
    ----
I would just like to point out at this time that this thread has made it to 12 pages, and the other thread is 18 pages.....so some kind of celebration in reaching the 30-page mark seems in order!!!

#28: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:15 pm
    ----
The macros are in and they are GREAT! It will, however, take me a day to get all the dang helicopters positioned correctly in them since they're oriented completely differently. It's pure trial-and-error on the placement (I estimate that when finished, from it's first inception/version in 2003, I'll have exported and loaded FS2002/2004 over 400 times checking placement and effect).

Now you know why I never used "start at"...I always use a "saved flight". Laughing

These revetments are spittin' images of the actual ones used at Phu Bai.

Once the heli's are "parked", I quit!

#29: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:26 pm
    ----
Cool Cool Cool Cool

#30: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:25 pm
    ----
Al just sent the macros, so I'll try to get installed tonight..tomorrow at the latest....then, I'm done!

-> FS2004