News from Ft Knox
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#211: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 pm
    ----
Garry

The 'Brac FAQ' page is excellent. Thanks for the information update.

As usual, your site comtinues to be an excellent source of information conserning the Museum.

Regards
Don

#212: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:04 pm
    ----
Armor for the Ages has been updated with a new page on Cobra King showing Don's uncovering of the name and serial numbers along with photos of a new Cobra King artifact exhibit. Also, a new page has been added with information on the museum's transition called BRACFAQs that can be accessed through the main page.

armorfortheages.com/

Garry

#213: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 am
    ----
The commercial changes. For me it was a basketball themed Kroger (grocery store) commercial.

It's interesting that Knox is doing a big PR announcement about the convoy. Aberdeen shrouded thers in secrecy. No one was even supposed to admit that it happened until after the vehicles were secured at Ft Lee

#214: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:21 am
    ----
Oppps

Yes the T17E1 Also went, thanks Garry.

Regards
Don

#215: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 am
    ----
- Dontos
At 1000hrs EST, I observed 'Convoy 1' head South on I65, enroute to Ft Benning. Crying or Very sad

Loaded vehicles were:
1 M24 Chaffee
2x M3 Stuarts
1 M84 APC
1 LVT
1 MicV 65
1 M42 Duster
1 M981 ITV
1 MTLB
1 PT 76

Unfortunately I was at my jobsite (which overlooks I 65) and I didn't have a camera available.

Regards
Don

The Staghound didn't go?

#216: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:17 am
    ----
Convoy 1 made TV news with WHAS-11 in Louisville. See attached.

www.whas11.com/news/Fi...16737.html

After the car dealer commercial. Rolling Eyes

Garry

#217: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 am
    ----
- Dontos
Neil

All three are the property of the KYARNG and not the Museum. I will try to make a visit to find out what will become of the vehicles, and let you know.

Regards
Don

Point of order - I think all are the property of U.S. Army Center for Military History and jist currently assigned to the KYANG or the Museum Rolling Eyes

#218: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 am
    ----
Neil

I had been told that the M1IP & M109 was to go to Greenville, but for some reason they are still in the Mates yard. The M110 was to stay at the Mates for static, but it too is still in the yard.

All three are the property of the KYARNG and not the Museum. I will try to make a visit to find out what will become of the vehicles, and let you know.

Regards
Don

#219: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 am
    ----
- Dontos
Spent several hours today on post & at the Museum. Besides some amazing new info, I discovered some new 'old' photos that I'll post seperately.

Here is the latest from Ft Knox:

Temporary Vehicle Locations:
Farmer Motor Pool (Trans Company M.P.):
Ft Benning Convoy #1 vehicles still loaded on HETTs

KY MATES M.P. currently the following vehicles:
T28 Super Heavy
M-1IP (former 16th Cav static)
M60A1 (former KY Mates Static)
M110 (former KY Mates Static)
M109A5 (Former Louisville ARMG Static)

Regards
Don

Also, I thought the M1IP & M109 were at Greenville by now... And I though the M110 was at RMP, formerly at MATES...

Neil

#220: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am
    ----
I am pretty sure they will draw quite a bit of attention on the highway.

#221: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 pm
    ----
At 1000hrs EST, I observed 'Convoy 1' head South on I65, enroute to Ft Benning. Crying or Very sad

Loaded vehicles were:
1 M24 Chaffee
2x M3 Stuarts
1 M84 APC
1 LVT
1 MicV 65
1 M42 Duster
1 M981 ITV
1 MTLB
1 PT 76

Unfortunately I was at my jobsite (which overlooks I 65) and I didn't have a camera available.

Regards
Don

#222: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 am
    ----
Doug

As I understand, it is 'owned' by Radcliff. It will stay.

I also assume the M114 in E-town Legion Park will remain.

Regards
Don

#223: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:02 am
    ----
What is the status of the Radcliff M103? Who controls it and is it expected to move?

#224: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:49 pm
    ----
Spent several hours today on post & at the Museum. Besides some amazing new info, I discovered some new 'old' photos that I'll post seperately.

Here is the latest from Ft Knox:

Temporary Vehicle Locations:
Farmer Motor Pool (Trans Company M.P.):
Ft Benning Convoy #1 vehicles still loaded on HETTs

KY MATES M.P. currently the following vehicles:
T28 Super Heavy
M-1IP (former 16th Cav static)
M60A1 (former KY Mates Static)
M110 (former KY Mates Static)
M109A5 (Former Louisville ARMG Static)

Regards
Don

#225: Re: News from Ft Knox Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm
    ----
Dennis,
The "Dependent" area! Can one use the "D"word anymore?! Maybe the museum it self maight have some photos?
Dan

-> AFV News Discussion Board