USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#196: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 am
    ----
- vagabond
North Carolina updates

The M114 listed in Wilmington at Strickland’s Surplus is a home-built.
Photo from our Smugmug gallery –

Looks like maybe the hull is real, but the tracks are fake?

Pine Level, NC M110A2 SN BMY1217 confirmed.

Any details on the location?

Thanks again for all the info!

Neil

#197: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
- Neil_Baumgardner
oh yeah getting ready to get married.

Congratulations, also from the Low Countries

Michel,
Actually, Michel, we're getting married in "the Lowcountry" - of South Carolina Wink

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#198: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 am
    ----
- vagabond
Hi all,

I stopped by to see the M53 listed as being at Anthony Aviation at the Pompano Beach, FL airport. They have gone out of business and the AFV is gone.

I’ll try and track it down by going to the Anthony Crane rental (same parent company) and see if anyone can tell me where it is.
I'll post if I learn more.

Cheers!

vagabond,
Any info on the Pompano M53?

Neil

#199: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 am
    ----
Is this M41 known to the registry?

www.waymarking.com/way...oto_MO_USA

We stopped by Desoto in the spring and saw the M728 but didn't know about this!
Cheers!

#200: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 am
    ----
Neil and the gang -

We stopped by the Georgia ARNG Armory at the intersection of River St and W Line St in Calhoun, GA to see the M4A1(75), M60A3 and M114.
The M60A3 is SN 1835 and RN JJO680. Will post photos to our Smugmug site in a bit.
I'll post the photo links on the main forum.

Cheers!

#201: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 pm
    ----
Is that the Marmon-Herrington CTL-3M from A.S.M.H. "Tankland", South El Monte, CA (USA)

or a new one?

matterhorn1959.blogspo...ersal.html

ps.
photo of:
Marmon-Herrington CTL-3M from A.S.M.H. "Tankland", South El Monte, CA (USA):
www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=8701

#202: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 pm
    ----
Neil

Campbellsville Ky Update

M110 - National Guard Armory - East Broadway Ave

M103 - American Legion Park - East Broadway Ave & American Legion Rd

Regards
Don

#203: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm
    ----
The M26 Pershing hull with Sherman turret listed for Tampa, FL now appears to be in Massachusetts:

www.site.ww2mv.com/M26...ration.php

#204: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:40 pm
    ----
North Carolina updates

Hey Neil,

We’ve been poking about in NC and have this info regarding the AFV registry:

The M110A2 listed as being in Hamptonville is actually on display in Yadkinville in the Yadkin County Park, 6600 Service Rd, Yadkinville, NC. There is a Veteran’s Memorial section of the park where an M110A2 is displayed. I checked the SN and could make out 65 and possibly a 2. That matches the SN listed for the Hamptonville vehicle so I think they are one and the same. When I click on the link in the registry for VFW Post #10346 listed in Hamptonville, it shows a photo for a few seconds of the display in Yadkin County Park.

The M114 listed in Wilmington at Strickland’s Surplus is a home-built.
Photo from our Smugmug gallery –

The M41 listed for Charlotte is LONG gone. We looked for back in June 2010.

Pine Level, NC M110A2 SN BMY1217 confirmed.

Fort Fisher, NC – The North Carolina Military History Museum on Ft Fisher has:

T55 SN B05GT8314
M60 partial SN - could make out 266
M901 SN C2865
M110 SN 342 maybe 7

Go to this Smugmug gallery link for Ft Fisher photos:

afvagabond.smugmug.com...6408_7hmZf

We’re working on posting ALL the North Carolina VFW, American Legion, Memorial AFV’s in one Gallery heading on Smugmug – like we’ve done with IL. Will post to forum when completed.

Cheers!
The VB’s

#205: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 pm
    ----
The Open Office writer? Great... Actually there is something you could do to help if you have the time. Shoot me an e-mail: baumgar[at] hotmail.com.

Neil

#206: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Are you familiar with OpenOffice by chance?

Writer I use frequently, the other applications far less Im afraid.

Michel

#207: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:26 am
    ----
- Tichenor
- Neil_Baumgardner
getting ready to get married...

My congratulations Neil.

If you need some help with the register, i'm sure we could help.

Michel

Michel,
Are you familiar with OpenOffice by chance?

Neil

#208: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 am
    ----
Neil said "converted some Marylanders to mustard base... "

Well considering that my father used to tell the story that when he came to maryland from Arkansas he was shocked when 'BBQ' around here meant sloppy joe's (ground beef in Heinz Chili Sauce) So we've come along way. The Carolinas have the biggest variety in BBQ styles Tomato based in Western NC, Vinegar based in Eastern NC and Mustard in SC. Each have their advantages and when done right all are good. When done poorly they may be better than none at all

#209: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:27 am
    ----
Congrats!

#210: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Neil_Baumgardner
Yeah, she's not interested and doesnt quite get it, but encourages me to pursue my interests & hobbies - if only I had the time LOL...

Neil

Where does she stand on pork BBQ?

This is the kind of detail that you need to explore prior to taking the plunge.

Being good South Carolinians (myself by birth, her by choice), we both love mustard base BBQ Wink In fact we prepared a couple of racks for a cookout a month or so ago and converted some Marylanders to mustard base...

Although she's also getting me to eat healthier... So, BBQ is more of an infrequent treat...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board