USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#421: Re: USA (NOW V2.9!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 pm
    ----
My mistake (to fast on the submit button)
www.flickr.com/photos/...131933334/

#422: Re: USA (NOW V2.9!), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:02 pm
    ----
As P-O said on the board, we have revised the France AFV Register - eliminating any information that we could not confirm or find in public sources.

the.shadock.free.fr/France_AFVs.pdf

We hope that this will be a great resource for AFV hunters and has resolved any past issues related to its content.

Neil

#423: Re: USA (NOW V2.9!) and Canada AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:26 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
You can download the USA AFV Register direct via this link:
216.176.86.154/afv/USA_AFVs.pdf

Neil

Some correction from Version 2.9.

BRAVE RIFLES & OLD IRONSIDES AVE:

M60A3 ( SN unkn - will attempt to follow up tomorrow) Vicinity 16th Cav HQ removed to Richardson MP / Concrete slab removed due to new construction.

maps.google.com/maps/m...6&om=0

Harmon Hall / Burger King:
M48 & M60A1 removed to Richardson MP / Concrete slab removed due to new construction.

maps.google.com/maps/m...5&z=18

Wilson Road Gate:
M48 removed to Richardson MP / Concrete slab removed due to new construction.

maps.google.com/maps/m...5&z=18

I'll try to get some SN data while roaming around...

Don

#424: Re: USA (NOW V2.9!) and Canada AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 pm
    ----
FT-17 – National WW1 museum, Kansas City, MO (USA)
The tank was previously owned by Hayes Otoupalik, who decided to sell it to the museum in 2007.

"Officials hope to have it on display in April." (I hope, that someone on the board will be able to go there to take few photo !!)
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/465089.html

from the surviving FT-17s register

P-O

#425: Re: USA (NOW V2.9!) and Canada AFV Registers Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:58 pm
    ----
Hi Neil

This may be a new listing of an FT-17 in Kansas City, MO

nl.newsbank.com/nl-sea...p_docnum=1

Jeff "Piney" Lewis

#426: Re: USA (V2.5) and Canada AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 pm
    ----
Hello all! At long last, I have just uploaded V2.9 of the USA AFV Register! Please take a look! I consider it somewhat of a draft, with the aim of incorporating any mistakes for V3.0.

As always, go to the first message in the thread to download!

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#427: Re: USA (V2.5), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 pm
    ----
The Poland Historical AFVs register was updated and the new version was put online few minutes ago :

Poland Historical AFVs register

Pierre-Olivier

#428: Re: USA (V2.5), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:37 pm
    ----
Hi Neil
this may be an addition, never heard of the place but here is a webpage with a Sherman
www.museumofworldwarii...Effort.htm

Jeff Lewis

#429: Re: USA (V2.5), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:14 pm
    ----
The address is listed as Delran NJ 08075

www.google.com/search?...0+NJ+08075

Neil

#430: Re: USA (V2.5), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:19 pm
    ----
Poland AFVs register updated today, July 16, 2007 :

Poland AFVs register

Pierre-Olivier

#431: Not AFV, but of some interest is the PaK38 in Bel Air, MD Author: JJM67 PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:46 pm
    ----
Yes, it shouldn't be on the list, but since it is very unusual to see, I thought this would be a good place to mention the two Pak38 outside the VFW post in Bel Air, MD.

#432: Re: USA (V2.5), Canada and France AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Comin' too late for this update. I just got the info. The company 'Tankride LLC' in Morristown, MN seems to have some vehicles (DUKW, Ferret), check up the website :

http://www.tankride.com/index.html

One of the tanks is a T-34/85 and here is it's history :
" This tank was built in late 1944 by the Russians. It is believed that it was captured by the Viking Division of the German Army during World War II. Then used against the Russians. When it was bought from the Polish Government, it was painted in German field gray over the original Russian green. It is has been repainted to a Russian color scheme. This the only combat active WWII Tank in the world available to the general public to Ride in, Drive, or just crawl around in and look at."
(http://www.tankride.com/History_of_our_T-34.html)

1300$ the drive..

#433: Re: USA, Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:42 pm
    ----
V2.5 of the USA AFV Register has been uploaded. It features more information on M1917s and FT-17s thanks to Hayes Otoupalik, the Fort Sill Museum collection thanks to Dustin Roderigas, the Patton Museum collection thanks to Dontos, and a few other updates thanks to Bob Smart, Jeff Lewis, armyjunk2 and others.

216.176.86.154/afv/USA_AFVs.pdf

Neil

#434: Re: USA, Canada and France AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
Hello all, I have just uploaded the brand new France AFV Register. This was a truly collaborative project between myself and Pierre- Olivier, but honestly he deserves most of the credit for collecting the info together.

216.176.86.154/afv/France_AFVs.pdf

FYI, if you want to see preserved combat-damaged Shermans, France is the place. I dont know of any other country where you can find so many....

Eventually this info will get included into a larger Europe AFV Register...

As always, comments, corrections & suggestions are welcome.

Hopefully a long overdue update to the USA AFV Register is on the way shortly... I have already posted a small update to the Canada AFV Register - adding the 2 Skink turrets I remembered being discussed on here before...

Neil

#435: Re: V2.4 of the USA AFV Register is now available for downlo Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:02 am
    ----
- Jack_Smigh
That's why I asked, it seemed kind of gray
its in Oak Harbor, Washington
if anyone wants numbers I can try and see what they are next time I am down there
I am also trying to confirm rumors of a ferret here in Anacortes, meaning if I see then I will beleive it.

Hello Jack

WELCOME!! I don't remember either vehicles, during my 4 years, "On the Islands". But that was 94-98.

Here are a couple of shots from that time.

-> AFV News Discussion Board