IL2 Cliffs of Dover
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:19 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Isn't that always the way. I'm trying to remember the last flight sim, or combat flight sim, that didn't get angry reviews from disappointed enthusiasts immediately after being released, and drawing a blank.

Some interesting in-flight videos showing up on Youtube now.

Yep, Hurrpedo was one of the more interesting ones. Mr. Green

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1s4xGXzVrY

YouTube Description: "Bug?! BoB! Full-real settings (except views and engine control)"

Wheels

#17: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
- JG300-Stoopy
Isn't that always the way. I'm trying to remember the last flight sim, or combat flight sim, that didn't get angry reviews from disappointed enthusiasts immediately after being released, and drawing a blank.

Some interesting in-flight videos showing up on Youtube now.

Yep, Hurrpedo was one of the more interesting ones. Mr. Green

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1s4xGXzVrY

YouTube Description: "Bug?! BoB! Full-real settings (except views and engine control)"

Wheels

We'll with the new 5000hp engine I would expect to fly with no wings Wink

#18: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:09 pm
    ----
Well, the Spits in CFS3 had some amazing capabilities when damaged too, I think we can cope with a few Hurrpedos... s'pecially if the wing sections containing the guns are considered "optional" Smile

#19: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm
    ----
Have they found a cure for Herpedos now?

#20: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:35 pm
    ----
naw, they just changed the name to sniffulis

#21: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 am
    ----
It's still not out in the US but the patching that is going on seems to be helping.

I just looked and the Steam version for the US has been pushed back from April 26th to May 24th for the US. It's the third delay for the US market.

Wheels

#22: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:26 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Well, the Spits in CFS3 had some amazing capabilities when damaged too, I think we can cope with a few Hurrpedos... s'pecially if the wing sections containing the guns are considered "optional" Smile

Well, those 60kt turns would not have been possible without the remarkable talent of the "pilots" who knew just how far into the mud they could bury a wingtip to aid the turn without increasing the drag. Something the bf-109 teams never seemed to master. Wink

#23: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:45 pm
    ----
Is it maybe time to scrap old alliances and form a C-C "Olde Pharts" squadron? This is pretty impressive...

www.youtube.com/watch?...r_embedded

#24: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am
    ----
That was great Ascout!

#25: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Is it maybe time to scrap old alliances and form a C-C "Olde Pharts" squadron? This is pretty impressive...

www.youtube.com/watch?...r_embedded

Dang. Very cool. And nice of those yellow-nose friendlies to show up in time to make sure some of the "Spades" could make it home safe!

An "Olde Pharts" squadron would be quite cool....I also wonder what that video author's system specs are.

#26: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm
    ----
a good phart a day keep the doctor away Razz

#27: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:59 pm
    ----
Awwright so I was out cruising around with the ol' lady this afternoon and we stopped in to 3 different places to pick this sim up and no one had it. Now I'm readin' that the US release date is pushed into May 24? I think?

There are so many dates now and the "official" site doesn't seem to be specific at all....guess we'll see......

www.simulationworld.ne...-24th-may/

#28: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:32 am
    ----
GoGamer cancelled my pre-order for Cliffs of Dover today. Sad
Which is pretty surprising and irritating considering just yesterday they had changed the shipping date from May 24th to shipping within 24 hours.

- GoGamer
Thank you for your recent order at GoGamer.com.

We would like to inform you that the following item from your order is not currently available for purchase. This item has been cancelled from your order.
If your credit card was charged, a refund has been processed. Please allow up to two billing cycles for your refund credit to appear on your credit card statement.

I will be checking to see if it is still being shown for purchase when they come back online since they are down for maintenance.

Wheels

#29: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:18 am
    ----
Maybe to fix the small matter of wingless flying?

#30: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:37 pm
    ----
- Shades
Maybe to fix the small matter of wingless flying?

Mr. Green

You can still get the digital download from justflight.com and activate it through Steam, even in the US and Canadian market, but I was wanting to get the disc version.

Wheels

-> Officer's Club