194: Photo Gallery
195: Photo Gallery
196: Home
197: Community Forums
198: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
I WON!!!! I WON!!!! IwonIwonIwon!!!!!
A public forum for the JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe!
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JG300-Stoopy
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:54 pm
Post subject: I WON!!!! I WON!!!! IwonIwonIwon!!!!!

(this is a re-post I made on a Honda motorcycle forum I also frequent....but the news is SO GOOD I had to re-post it here! Just, uhh...keep in mind the audience IS a bunch of Honda riders, but even so this isn't a slam at Harleys, since yes they are EXTREMELY fine bikes)....

WHAT A GREAT STATE VIRGINIA IS!!!!

The Virginia State Lottery Commission has had a Harley-Davidson® Scratcher ($5) thing going and it started with a total of no less than TEN 105th Anniversary 2008 Harley-Davidson® Fat Boys that they're givin' away! Just look at the sample pic, ain't it beautiful!?!!

And the cool thing is, TWO of 'em are being given away in drawings that you enter for by sending in the number of any non-winning scratchers ...that gives you a second chance to win, and they had the second drawing the week before last, and the wife called me at work to tell me we received an email that says.....guess what??

Go ahead!! GUESS!!!

I WON!!!!! WEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

No I didn't win the bike but I won one of the additional 922 Harley-Davidson® Prize Packs(TM) that they give away in the drawing to the people who don't win the bike. One of which is...yes, ME!!! WOOHOO!

So it's like the best of both worlds....I get to keep my beloved Sabre without the hassle of potentially-messy income tax complications, or arguing with the wifey about garage space and owning two cruisers. Yet at the same time I am, as far as HD® is concerned, an "offical HD® owner" of the Prize Pack(TM) contents which are as follows:

(2 each) Harley-Davidson® Suede Caps
(4 each) Harley-Davidson® 12 oz rocks Tervis Tumblers
(2 each) 105th Anniversary Harley-Davidson® T-shirts
(2 each) Harley-Davidson® Sunglasses
(1 each) Harley-Davidson® Blanket
(1 each) 15" Harley Davidson® Neon Clock
(1 each) Harley-Davidson® Backpack

And get this - the whole schmiel is valued at $$$ SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! $$$ That's a lotta scratch!!

Since it works out to like 85 clams for each thing I figured I'd post shots of these highly valuable and rare collectable items and provide a rider's review from the perspective of....(ahem)..."a man who own's em" now...:D

So here is my Rider's Review of these latest HD offerings:

The "Rock Tervis Tumblers" (and what's a Tervis anyway, is it like a Tuetle but more round?) which are like $21.15 each in estimated value are made of plastic (okay, "High quality polycarbonate" plastic) and are supposed to hold 12 ounces, but looks more like 8....not sure if they're gonna crack if I put 'em in the freezer before pouring beer in 'em, but I prefer my brew straight from the bottle anyway:

The backpack is indeed a quality leather item - well padded and large. This saves us the $85 that we no doubt would have spent on a new backpack for the kid since school starts again next week. His only gripe is that there's no pocket for his iPod and place to hide the wire for the earplugs (since they're not allowed at his High School) but I say he can rough it like we did back in the day and he'll just have to "listen to his MP3 tunes" out behind the auto shop like we...umm....well come to think of it we called it something else back then....:oops:

The Blanky is a large, very soft "60 x 80 Ultra Plush officially licensed Harley Davidson®" Fleece Blanket". It is NOT like the one pictured in the Prize Pack(TM) picture shown above...it has the HD® letters on it and this caused complications when introducing it to the dog...as the picture shows, the letters are inside-out one one side, which clearly confused the poor beast. We'll have to spend some time training him with this to help avoid potential problems down the road. But it's all snuggly-like and probably perfect for curling up with once you bed down for the night in the open desert while taking that long trans-continental ride:

The clock is pretty cool and the wide chrome-ish silver trim around it reminds me of the wheels on my beloved Sabre except that it (the clock) is plastic and not made in Marysville OH or anywhere the in USA for that matter (if you're wondering, everything I've looked at here so far says "Made in China" on it). But it's got neon tubes in it which will help if my garage lights ever go out....but I'm havin' the devil of a time trying to make it look like it's hanging straight, does this look crooked to you?? Dangit!

And finally...THIS is the piece de resistance I think....stylish without being overly gaudy, sensible without actually being very useful, and I'm tellin' ya they make me look even better than I normally do, which I didn't think was even possible! The sunglasses are kinda small, really made for kid-size heads since they squeeze my head behind the ears as well as my schnozz, gotta take some Excedrin® after wearing 'em for 15 minutes. But there's two pair so they'll make great giveaway items at the front door now that Halloween is coming up, and at $42.50 per pair, the two kids who get 'em better not be complainin' about it! The suede hat is fairly OK and I think I'll hang on to one as it's part of the whole collector image...could be worth serious bucks on eBay someday for my grandkids....

Sorry, no pix of the T-shirts but they're black, have cool HD® logo and artwork on the front, and one will become my new official oil-change shirt.

So that's my Rider's Review of the package. I highly recommend getting the above Harley-Davidson® Prize Pack(TM) for free, check your local state lottery website for news and info, as YOU TOO could become an owner of these exciting 2008 HD® products as well!

And....NO HARLEY BASHING, please! As a new owner, I couldn't bear it, and you wouldn't want to be at blame for me and the dog pouting in the corner with our soft blanky, now wouldya?!!! Laughing

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm
Post subject: Re: I WON!!!! I WON!!!! IwonIwonIwon!!!!!

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! Did you rename the dog Harley too?..
Freiherr_Kiefer
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:46 pm

congrats big time, but one quick question, just exactly what do you use the skull in your workshop for? Or is it the last person who asked that question? Smile

Der Baron

JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 pm

- Freiherr_Kiefer
congrats big time, but one quick question, just exactly what do you use the skull in your workshop for? Or is it the last person who asked that question? Smile

Der Baron

Much like myself, Stoopy obviously has strong feelings about people who borrow tools and then "forget" to return them. Wink

Speaking of, The Stoopmeister appears to have lost some weight his-self.

Congrats, Bud! Next you'll be sporting a clipon ponytail and washable tats!

I'm thinkin' the dog came out WAY ahead on this dealy-bob*.

*Not a forthcoming model, as far as I know..... Laughing

JG300-fr8ycat
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Congrats Boss! I'm kinda diggin that clock.

And whats that white thing hangin under the cap on your tool rack?

Man Bra?

Power User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:34 pm

LOL Piney, Ascout hit the nail on the head what the skull's for. Smile

I hear they've gone one better than washable tattoos now...they have transparent sleeves (kinda like women's nylon material) with pre-made tattoos that ya just slide on your arm for when it's time to go with that 1%-er look! I'm a ways from going that far, instead of dressing up like a pirate I'm pretty much a nerd with my full-face helmet and kevlar mesh jacket, gloves, etc even if I'm just running up to the grocery store. We like our body the way it came from the factory. Smile

I DO hope it's clear I didn't win the motorcycle....just the "stuff".....I've gotten a coupla PM's at the other site congratulating me on the "new ride". The intro buildup was part of the joke....y'all know me!! Laughing

And thanks fer noticin', Ascout....I'm down about 20 pounds and shooting for another 20, all very gradual....have to stuff socks in my man-bra now, it's downright embrassin'....was all part of the burnout hitting me and just getting out and about a lot more.

JG300-Stoopy
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 pm

- JG300-fr8ycat

And whats that white thing hangin under the cap on your tool rack?

Man Bra?

Wellsir.....since you ask......

The 'white thing' is one of my greatest garage inventions of all time!!! I'm rather proud of it!

It's your basic white shop towel that has velcro squares attached to it by way of "The Bachelor's Sewing Machine" (a stapler) and they mate up with velcro squares on the inside of my cherished Indians cap. Aside from the pedestrian benefits of shading your neck and soaking up all the grime and sweat in the 90% humidity of Virginia summertime, the HUGE breakthrough here is that it allows for the shop rag to be washed whenever the lady of the house complains about it, (but hopefully no more than annually) AND WITHOUT the need for the hat itself to ever be defaced and ruined with soap, laundry detergent or washrag!!!

The Hat thus never looses it's original grime, sweat, various insect parts and blood, so it retains it's fearsome and mysterious powers of full-on Mojo®!!!

GENIUS!!?? We think so! Laughing

JG300-fr8ycat
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:03 am

Well.......man bra would have been more entertaining.......but I'll take that. Actually a very cool idea and I think I have the perfect candidate for the task. As you can see by the front, any more washing and this old friend will fall apart and it took me a long time to get it to fit comfy on my egg shaped head.........jess rightch'n. Mr. Green

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum
Page 1 of 1