...just when you thought it was "The End"...
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: ...just when you thought it was "The End"... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 pm
    ----
Suddenly there was the sequel, "When the Music's Over".

Hunter S. Thompson said, "there were some nights when The Doors were the best Rock and Roll band in the world". I can't find a flaw in that statement. When The Doors were "together" (and Morrison not too F***ed up), they were tight, clean, and together. No fuzz, no wah-wah, just clean, clear playing...and they could do it outside the studio (well, without overdubbing...just "live" in one take)

Exhibit A:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvPMU-7OyI

Rock on...

#2: Re: ...just when you thought it was "The End"... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:50 am
    ----
AAHhh, they're alright. But they aint no Haze. Razz Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#3: Re: ...just when you thought it was "The End"... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 pm
    ----
Ahh...you hit the nail on the head my friend, you MUST have good musicians, and Robby Krieger made that band in my opinion. He also had some excellent solo material, his album "No Habla" is outstanding if you ever find it. Matter of fact I have an as-yet-unfinished flight sim video that uses a song form that album, you gotta hear it....when winter comes and I get stuck back indoors it should get finished....

Morrison was an effective front man as far as being visible, and certainly unique, but I made the mistake of reading his biography when I was a young Doors fan and the dude was basically, an idiot. And dying in a bathtub in France on an OD....classy exit, there.....

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum