Cell phone Do Not Call list...
-> Officer's Club

#1: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:34 pm
    ----
REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public today
REMINDER..... All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS... It takes about 20 seconds.
or go to www.donotcall.gov/

Just thought all of us here in the US should be aware of this... Wink

#2: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:00 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

You're kidding...(?)
Wow that's going to push mobile phone technology forward hundreds of years huh.
If (when) they try to do that over here my phones go in the river!

Last edited by Shades on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 pm
    ----
No kidding Shades...lol

It's hard to believe ANYONE legitimate would sell phone numbers to the mass dialers AND allow them to CHARGE YOU for it...HUH?..lol

It's bad enough to pay for the normal calls made both ways (which is a 'burr under my saddle' anyhow, but then this?...WHOA PARDNER!!

Wink

#4: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:54 pm
    ----
Are we sure about all this?

www.snopes.com/politic...ell411.asp

#5: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm
    ----
LOL Doug, it looks as if it's an Bi-Annual scare tactic. Still, it doesn't hurt to register your phone at the DNC list and it's free... lol

As far as I can tell, Stoopy is the only one on the call list that the Tele Marketers WON'T CALL...lol

#6: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:04 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
As far as I can tell, Stoopy is the only one on the call list that the Tele Marketers WON'T CALL...lol

Not more than once, anyway. Wink

#7: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:57 am
    ----
There was a great skit on Rock 103 last year where a tele-marketer called some guy who then pretended to be a cop investigating a homicide, told the caller the guy he was trying to contact had been murdered, and now he (as an associate) was required as a material witness in the case, needed his contact details, was already tracing the call, had two deputies on their way over to arrest him.., he was VERY convincing.

Basically the sales guy sounded like it was going to be his last ever call and he would shortly be giving a new career a try.
If I find the link again, I'll post it when I'm back on a decent system (this one's even slower btw. lolol)

#8: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:01 am
    ----
LOL, yep, I remember listening to that story. Don't listen while drinking anything though...unless you like liquid in your keyboard...lol

#9: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:41 pm
    ----
Probably thinkin' about Tom Mabe...

www.youtube.com/watch?...26-TI&NR=1

Once you get done with that, Google or Youtube for Roy D. Mercer. He's an absolute stitch....:wink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKaB5EIxVg

#10: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:51 pm
    ----
ROFLMAO...yep, that's the one!...lol

Roy Mercer is hilarious too...lol

#11: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:36 am
    ----
lol Yeah they got that Roy Mercer clip on Rock 103 too.
Heheh I cried the first time I heard that.
Smile
The victim (the navy recruiter guy) is just as funny himself.

#12: Re: Cell phone Do Not Call list... Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:10 am
    ----
Just a little snippet from:
www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pu...lt107.shtm

Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?
Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

-> Officer's Club