Hunnicutt Books for sale
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hunnicutt Books for sale Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 am
    ----
I've decided that my Hunnicutt books are being wasted sitting on my shelf. Before I think about putting them on Ebay or Amazon I want to give folks here a chance to give them a good home.

I have all 10 but 4 of them (Bradley, Sheridan, Halftrack & Armored Car) are available just about everywhere so I figure anyone on this list who wants one has one.

That leaves the rare ones. I just looked at Abe books and came up with the following

Pershing - Low US Price $150 a bunch between there and $200

Sherman - Low US price $180 (no dust jacket) and goes quickly up to $220 plus if it has a Dust Jacket. I don't understand the folks that are asking $350, 400 or more.

Firepower - only 3 on Abe. low is $325 (Ex Library and one 'good' with repaired dust jacket) other is $500. This is the one I'm not sure I want to part with. I have a soft spot for the M6 Heavy and this is almost the only book that covers it at all.

Patton - only 4 on Abe low is $363 - no dust jacket followe d by ex-library at 431. Other ones called 'fine' are $500 & $631.. Mine has a mylar cover on the Dust Jacket

Abrams only 2 at Abe. One is $450 the other (no dust jacket) is $500

Stuart - only 2 at Abe. one is $750 one is $1500 and it is an ex-library!

If anyone is interested in any of them make me an offer via PM or email. Th eintent is not to start a bidding war. Believe it or not I do want them to go to folks who will appreciate them and use them. At the same time I think I am entitled to a fair price

All are in what I consider excellent or almost new condition They have been used by me with care.

On a side not if anyone thinks this is in appropriate material for the discussion group also let me know via a PM and I can make the posting go away.

#2: Re: Hunnicutt Books for sale Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 am
    ----
- bsmart

On a side not if anyone thinks this is in appropriate material for the discussion group also let me know via a PM and I can make the posting go away.

Bob,
It's always been policy that one-time notices of items for sale of relevant interest to the membership are permitted (read: no spamming or regular "advertising").
I'm sure your post will be of interest to numerous members. I'd suggest replies be made via PM or email.

On a side note, I've been corresponding with someone else (not a member) who may be making an interesting collection available in the near future. Broad range of armor titles. Will advise when they are ready to proceed.

-> AFV News Discussion Board