first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:03 pm
    ----

#2: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:18 pm
    ----
OMG and it HAD to be that damn Air Tractor!! I DIG it!!!!!!!

I'd suggest...maybe loose the JG300 tail numbers on the side, and see if the ones you can type in from the "Create a Flight" menu will show up....then if you share this, everyone can enter their own.

Hey man.....great start!!!

#3: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:42 pm
    ----
Wicked!....wicked looking lil' plane. Can we get M2 .50 cals mounted in the floats? Laughing

#4: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:46 pm
    ----
It's got a sinister looking attitude don't it? A little BF109, a little FW190, and the Wild Sau tone also.....bad@ss!!!!!

#5: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:47 pm
    ----
I'm thinking I'd have to lose the turbine sound file and stick in one from a Corsair or something.

#6: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:39 pm
    ----
Cool,good job Exos!

#7: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:48 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Wicked!....wicked looking lil' plane. Can we get M2 .50 cals mounted in the floats? Laughing

lol yea that's the only suggestion i'd have, looks great exos

~S~

#8: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:54 pm
    ----
Thanks guys. Stoopy, I checked and it's not possible to have the tails numbers from ATC showing up on any repaints I have here, only on the stock planes. I don't know why, don't know how it works.

This was just a test, I'll do a brand new one soon that will be better.

#9: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:22 am
    ----
Second try :

#10: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:27 am
    ----
lol,,,,,,,,,,suitable for sure Mr. Green

#11: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:25 pm
    ----
Ok, I'm done with the Fire Boss. The two last repaints are available, but I might add some rivets later, wich is gonna be the hardest part. Here's the all-purpose plane parked at the pigsty :

#12: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:57 pm
    ----
If anybody want to test it before I upload it here, here's the link :

users.skynet.be/JG300/...paints.zip

This is a REPAINT file only, you must already have the Air Tractor "Fire Boss" installed.

#13: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:30 pm
    ----
Downloaded, installing and checkin it out right now, will letcha know!

#14: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:15 pm
    ----
BTW, does anyone know what the "inertial separator" on the engine control does? (bring the engine controls with SHIFT-4 in the Air Tractor)

Ohh, and I found this : www.airtractor.com/

#15: Re: first real try at FS9 repaint, JG style Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:41 pm
    ----
Beats me! It's a turboprop, so I don't know from those things......maybe it acts like a clutch???

Hey.....got it, flew it, looks good. Can I make the following suggestion you might try?

1. When you import the file with DXTBMP afer editing, but before saving prior to flying it to test, uncheck the "Save MIpMaps" (or is it "include MipMaps") button in DXTBMP - over on the right. This will get rid of the fuzzy textures on some of the details.....try it and see if you notice a huge difference.

2. It might be worth looking through the other textre files to see if you can find the 2D cockpit BMP, and doing a fill over the yellow in some other color? The Blue JG300 plane is a little surpising when you go to the 2D cockpit and get a yellow interior.

3. The ZIP is good....but instead of including the whole aircraft.cfg, you could just include the two [flightsim.x] sections in a text file with instructions to paste that into aircraft.cfg and renumber the x's, like other repaints do. OR, hey, you could just name the folder "AT-802 Fire Boss" instead of "AT-802" and tell 'em to just unzip to the FS9/Aircraft folder....but that could wipe out any additional repaints people migh have added also.

Just my suggestions, and altogether a cool package dude!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum