Trying to Date Photo & Location
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Trying to Date Photo & Location Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 pm
    ----
There is an Infantry Regt which is the only Combat unit with no distinctive Crest, instead a green band with red striped eplitte (sp?).

Rumor is the colors were lost in combat, so no insignia is authorized.

Can't remember the unit, but I have one of the eplittes in my unit crest collection.

Regards
Don

#17: Re: Trying to Date Photo & Location Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:43 am
    ----
The owner of the photo called his dad (pictured) and here's what he got:

Okay- just got off the horn with my dad and his recollections are:
1961, 33rd or 77th field artillery, 105 Self-Propelled Unit. Picture was taken at the motor park in the Main Battle Position, 2 clicks south of the DMZ, shortly before the Pueblo was taken. Thinks it's a 113 gasser (?) behind him.

#18: Re: Trying to Date Photo & Location Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 am
    ----
The Pueblo was taken in 1968????

#19: Re: Trying to Date Photo & Location Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:46 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
The Pueblo was taken in 1968????

I think you're right, Shawn. Maybe the rest is accurate. I did find that there was a 77th Arty there with 1st CD.

-> AFV News Discussion Board