MSFCL
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: MSFCL Author: Duckie PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:54 am
    ----
Hi ya Guys.. Was going through the the 5 hard drives I have and came across an installation of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. Started it up and have been flying some of the quick combat sims... Although compared to the likes of IL2 and other sims it brought back the memories of the good old days. anyone remember Interlaken?????? i used to kick Bushes ass in that map... LMFOA.. Yeh almost..
Just amazing how far this stuff has come from the days we started this stuff. And the friends we made from an online game,
We used to have reujion over this program... just a thought on this.
Miss the good old days Duckie

#2: Re: MSFCL Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:48 am
    ----
I was a die-hard CFS1 enthusiast but I finally un-installed it last weekend.
Vista trashed my joy-stick and it wasn't worth getting a new one;
I don't like the newer sim's and there wasn't enough interest in CFS1 to warrant trying to fix my stick.
I even managed to blackmail the Bushmeister into setting up a game to run on his server, a year or so ago, as an experiment.
Not many turned up, unfortunately, but all who did were of the calibre that used to endear me to the game (even Fled and Kit.., heheheh).
Like you, I miss the old RidgeRunner days and the many fine, helpful, and entertaining, people who used to inhabit it.

#3: Re: MSFCL Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:08 pm
    ----
Yep, and I can be 'blackmailed' again to host some CFS1 games on the server if needed ...

As a matter of fact, that very subject has been in discussion these past couple 'o months and it went something like this...

"Why not do a CFS1, 2 and 3 sponsored to run 1 weekend respectively each month?" In other words, each game would be given a specific week(end) in which a server would be running. If it proved to be a popular idea or one or more games seemed to 'take off' (I love puns...lol), we could possibly try a new strategy. Wink

#4: Re: MSFCL Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm
    ----
Wouldn't mind getting CFS1 back on the box here

#5: Re: MSFCL Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm
    ----
Yeah baby... bring back the good ole days eh. Count me in for some of that Mr. Green

#6: Re: MSFCL Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:50 pm
    ----
i have it installed - but no addons - if we do this do we need the down loads too (CFO etc) ya think?

#7: Re: MSFCL Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm
    ----
Hey Slowy Smile

We could start out with just the bog stock standard install and take it from there

#8: Re: MSFCL Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:25 pm
    ----
Might help if you get the Navy gunsights.
I used to use the sniper sight*.
The stock CFS sight uses half your screen and is only another obstacle.

*I used to have everything set up with the stock cd files with the exception of the Navy gunsight, HMS Ark Royal, The EURO Multi-Player Combat Recorder** and then a separate folder for EURO aircraft (which were re-paints for Squad-only missions).
Nothing against any other add-on files, that's just the way we believed in doing things.

** The Multi-Player Combat Recorder can be obtained from this link in the "Utilties" section, then look under CFS1 (bottom left of the screen).
Please do not hot-link to the file.
The MCR will record details of all in-game typed chat and kills if they appear on screen during the game.
It can also be set up to report and prevent certain in-game cheats (which used to occur), which is why its' use was obligatory for all participants in all tournaments hosted by the F.F.F. or MSN Game Zone.

I still have my MCR records somewhere - I look them up every now and again to enjoy that special part of Sunday afternoons when, having given up two hours of my time to teach a n00b how to get into CFS1, he decides that because he couldn't do something I was tryin to show him, I must have cheated. Loved those conversations.
Of course, they weren't all like that; The more patient and sportsmanlike were given an opportunity to gain their EURO wings, and went on to nick my beer, call me names, shoot me down (even when I was on their side!) and smuggle stranger, and stranger, items in to my locker.
Happy days.
(S.O.B.'s!)

#9: Re: MSFCL Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:49 pm
    ----
Same with the Hell Fighters, we did have cfo for our missions, I still say the best flight simming I ever was invloved in was the year we were in North Africa - started flying against UHU but ended just using the scenery with thier permission... I remember have my kneee board and we would plot intercepts based on CAP reports, etc... HF_5 always made it ver realistic....

My first mission with the hell fighters had us sneaking over to Cairn at night to steal back a P-51 the Jerry's stole and I shot down HF_KingRalph, who was flying OPFOR and was one of our most experienced pilots LOL... Pure luck, I didnt know what I was doing.

Old HF_Random, HF_Blitz, Flak, Eagle... Flying against them Tates, Glue, Toffee, m3_Mac and all ya all (thanks for the memories as I hear Bob Hopes song coming on now LOL)...

#10: Re: MSFCL Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:57 am
    ----
Oh man! Glue and Toffee!!!!
lol not heard them names for a while.
Glue's still the best spit' pilot I ever flew against.
Some later claimed to be the best but Glue had left then and they'd never seen him.
Wicked sense of humour too.
Toffee used to visit every now n then after IL2 but they both went over to the dark side (Ubisoft, heheh).
Didn't know they were HF, they were flying FSM when I knew them.
Chatted to KingRalph, don't think I ever flew him, another real nice guy and asset of the game.

#11: Re: MSFCL Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:39 am
    ----
Naw Shades they weren't Hell Fighters, they were Flying ScotsMen along with them Tate brothers...

Glue goes by scottydog or something like that now - I thought I hve seen his moniker on ComC, and I used to catch him (and toffee) in that CFS1 game where you flew in the austrian alps...

#12: Re: MSFCL Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:00 pm
    ----
Ahhh, hence the FSM tag then.
In that case, I flew with him a lot.
lol
Didn't know Glue was Scottydog, I knew Scotty by another callsign altogether.
Never saw him fly anything other than a Pony by then though.
Heheheh.

#13: Re: MSFCL Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 pm
    ----

#14: Re: MSFCL Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 pm
    ----
Finally got some free time to take the old girl out for a run around and she's running but mega rusty lol gotta get the wax out on them wings Mr. Green

I wondered if there may be any takers for a lil FFA this coming sunday afternoon??? Perhaps before the CC Sunday Flight??

#15: Re: MSFCL Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:26 am
    ----
This sounds like fun, I have to find my CFS1 disk and get it installed...

-> Officer's Club