Something Like Net Meeting
-> Software

#1: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:39 am
    ----
I'm looking for (Bushy's favorite) free software that would let me log into my son's puter a couple states away to show him a few things and it must be easy to use...hmmm not ot hard of a request I hope. I have Net Meeting disabled on my puter cuz of security reasons that I learn here at CC a long time ago... Razz Thnx in advance for any suggestions.

#2: Re: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:43 pm
    ----
I use this all the time for clients as well as other things. Done right, this is a great way to go. If you need voice to go along with that, TeamSpeak runs 24/7 at CC...:)

Take a look at THIS PROGRAM. Wink

#3: Re: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:51 pm
    ----
Thnx Bush!! Looks like this will work great and at a great price too...lol.

#4: Re: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:19 pm
    ----
I thought you might like the "FREE" part...lol

I use this program a lot and the only real drawback is if your client isn't very 'puter savvy'. Downloading, installing and configuring your clients download and forwarding ports to his/her Router can be a big issue for the "technically challenged" client. Ironically, it's this program you need to help him with his 'puter problems... LOL Wink

#5: Re: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:18 am
    ----
Oh yea his internet comes thru a wireless router from his land lord and you got me wondering if he will be able to forward the ports.... Shocked . Anyway when I talk to him prolly Sunday we will give it go an see. Just maybe his land lord ain't got the system locked with a password and he can get into the router using the router addy that comes with the router. Wish us luck but you know who lives here Laughing .

#6: Re: Something Like Net Meeting Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:16 am
    ----
[sarcasm]You mean there are people out there who don't secure their Wireless Router? (snickering) [/sarcasm] LOL

-> Software