German M60A3
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: German M60A3 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:20 pm
    ----
I didn't know they bought any.

#2: Re: German M60A3 Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 pm
    ----
Isn't that Austrian?

#3: Re: German M60A3 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:51 am
    ----
Jared, You are probably right. The text that was with the photo appeared to be German so I ASSumed.....So we'll call it Austrian. Thanks.

#4: Re: German M60A3 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:12 am
    ----
Hmm... But isnt that a Kanonenjagdpanzer-based Raketenjagdpanzer (RakJPz) next to it? Didnt think the Austrians used those...

I'd suspect its a BWB test organization storage lot...

Neil

#5: Re: German M60A3 Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:24 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Hmm... But isnt that a Kanonenjagdpanzer-based Raketenjagdpanzer (RakJPz) next to it? Didnt think the Austrians used those...

I'd suspect its a BWB test organization storage lot...

Neil

No - Austria uses a number of Jaguar 1A1s that it purchased from the Bundeswehr.

#6: Re: German M60A3 Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:24 am
    ----
Actually it is a Jaguar ATGW tank next to it, also based on the old Kanonenjagdpanzer and the Austrians did buy those... Cool The only government owned M60 in German hands is the one in Munster, there are a few privately owned ones with a museum/collection somewhere in Southern Germany.

Come on, guys, get with the program, there is a world outside the realm of US tanks. Wink

Jens O.

#7: Re: German M60A3 Author: rlocke PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:55 pm
    ----
The vehicle between the Jaquar and 60A3 .looks like and SK105 Kurassier to me. Maybe an Austrian Army display?[align=left]

#8: Re: German M60A3 Author: Jason_Bobrowich PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm
    ----
It is an Austrian M60A3.

They had Diehl track fitted....there are grousers and racks on the glacis plate and they mounted the same searchlight from the Leopard 1.

-> AFV News Discussion Board