64 years ago this week
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 64 years ago this week Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 pm
    ----
Guys,

We have just passed the 64th year that this Panther was abandoned at Grandmenil in the Belgian Ardennes. I took these pictures of this mute reminder this afternoon.

#2: Re: 64 years ago this week Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 pm
    ----
I also did a walkaround of the same tank few days ago, which can be seen here :

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569226788xDbeFy

The driving train in in a worse condition that I thought, having seen some pictures on the internet before doing the walkaround. Indeed, more wheels are missing compared to what I saw on the pictures. Anyway this is a very nice piece of History.
Shame that the last repainting team also camo'ed the tracks..

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: 64 years ago this week Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 pm
    ----
For a comparison with an older photo (1980's) you can see the one on my website (Panther number 21):

www.preservedtanks.com...0&Select=1

There's also some history of the tank there too.

Zundappuk - would you mind if I added your picture there? I'll credit you of course.

#4: Re: 64 years ago this week Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:24 am
    ----
Trevor,

No problem at all, I have a higher resolution if required.

Best

David

#5: Re: 64 years ago this week Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 am
    ----
If you could email one, or a small selection, at a resolution of at least 1500x1000 to me (trevor-larkum at armourarchive.co.uk) that would be much appreciated.

#6: Re: 64 years ago this week Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:15 pm
    ----
Updating the Kubinka Pz II reminded me I never posted the updated page for Grandmenil which I did a while back - sorry zundappuk!

Here it is:

preservedtanks.com/Typ...0&Select=2

-> AFV News Discussion Board