Thanks Bush...
-> Officer's Club

#1: Thanks Bush... Author: Rixster PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 pm
    ----
No not the exiting president, The Bush that runs this place Smile

I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to upload all of my repaints here, we at Air Simba from FSEconomy really appreciate being able to have our files hosted at one location....plus I like having all my repaints in one location as well..I've still got a bunch to upload, plus the guys over at FSEconomy are keeping me pretty busy with requests...

I don't know if you've ever visited FSEconomy.com before or not, I think you probably have,..well long story short they are cutting back on all of their user forums...for every group flying there, whether it be one single pilot or more, they all have their own seperate forum and it was getting to be too much for the coding people to keep up with..Each group will have one page that they use to advertise their stuff, or post links to forums if they choose to have one hosted at an outside location....

my point in all this is I was wondering what the possibility would be of Air Simba having a forum here? Since this is where are files are I thought it just seemed like a natural fit... right now there's only 3 of us but we're trying to do some advertising & grow...as a matter of fact I was going to do some advertising here and try to get some of you guys flying with us..lol..

anyway, either way yes or no, I still appreciate you hosting the files for me, I know there are quite few "Aviation" sites I could have uploaded them too but I'm not a big fan of those mega-crowded sites...thanks again!

#2: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 am
    ----
I know JG300-Hunt would be grateful for some "new blood". He was one one of the last squad guys to join and he's been askin' when he might get off of latrine duty. Wink

#3: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 am
    ----
NP Rixster and you're very welcome! Putting all your files in one place makes too much sense.. (Not to mention all of us here gets to see them too...lol)

Hosting a forum for a group? YOU BET!! That's what we're here for!!

PM me the details and we'll 'get 'er done'... Wink

LOL Ascout, I was wondering that myself...lol

#4: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 pm
    ----
Hang on.., don't swine enjoy latrine duty then?

#5: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: MrOtter PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:41 pm
    ----
Hey all. I searched around and couldn't find anything that seems to point me in the right direction, and this seems to be the closest thing to the right place to post this question.

It applies to the Air Simba download section. I've got 2 repaints of PAD DHC3 Otters Rixster did for me and they're available for use by AS members on FSE.

Bob May from PAD has already given me the go ahead to post.

I've got the textures and applicable .cfg's in two sets, one for the Amphib model and one for the wh/ski model, with each set in it's own zip file, ready for upload and ('scuse the lack of knowledge) I can't figure out the upload URL section. I thought I could just upload it straight from my computer.

Do I need to have another download site host it and have it linked from here to successfully get it on the D/L section?

(baffled ...lost...etc)

Help! Laughing

#6: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:45 pm
    ----
Hi MrOtter and Welcome to Com-Central!

If the file is under 2mb, you can upload it straight to the download section via the Download Control panel and Upload Link. Click on the "Browse" button on the end of the 'File' box to load your file. Fill in the rest of the information and upload the file. An Admin will have to approve it before it'll show up and we do that for obvious reasons... Smile

If the file is larger than 2mb, there are 2 options. You can upload the file to another file host and list that url in the URL box or you can send the file to me along with the description you want and I'll do the upload for you. Send me a PM if you need my help and I'll send you the Email to use or use the Email on my Profile to send it to me. Wink

#7: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: MrOtter PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 am
    ----
Thanks for the welcome Bushwakr!

I actually figured out what I did wrong Laughing
Would you beleive I overlooked the "Add File" button and was trying to submit before the iinitial upload? Cool Sheesh....

Problem solved and they're in and waiting approval. Thanks again for the help but i just needed to look a bit closer.

#8: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 am
    ----
I see you got it and both are available in the download section...

Thanks for the files!! Wink

#9: Re: Thanks Bush... Author: MrOtter PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:20 am
    ----
Very Cool. Thanks for checking them out and getting them up.. Glad to have them available finally. Hopefully someone using FS9 can check them out and let me know how they work on it.

Cheers

-> Officer's Club