Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm
    ----
Just stumbled across this - was due for publication last July, but its not "yet" available on Amazon. Has anyone seen this?

www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger...0955642213

Neil

#2: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 pm
    ----
I wonder if the folks at Aberdeen know about this? Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm
    ----
You can probably find info about it on their website, www.theresearchsquad.com

#4: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:35 pm
    ----
I looked, same info, was due out (AFTER delay) last June...

Neil

#5: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I looked, same info, was due out (AFTER delay) last June...

Neil

I thought they mentioned somewhere that things were further delayed because one of their crew had moved.

#6: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm
    ----
Yes, but near as I can tell it refers to an expected publish date in June _2008_.

"Due to our layout editor moving countries an inevitable delay has been inccured and it looks as if we will go to print at the end of June. We sincerely apologise for the delay and hope you will bear with us."

I guess in all likelihood it still hasnt come out....

Neil

#7: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:57 pm
    ----
have been waiting for this book since last year. still no new info
dennis
no connection with seller
www.landmarkmilitarybo...-2450.html

#8: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm
    ----
Landmark Military Books ... that brings back memories! 30 years ago as a teenager I used to cycle to a Landmark military bookshop in New Malden from my parents' house in Surrey, to buy up all their old books on tanks. I bet that's the same one, just moved a few miles further away in Surrey.

#9: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
    ----
Trevor,
I used to travel from Bristol just to visit the shop, a round trip of 240 miles, he now just sells from his house in Little Bookham good memories though
Dennis

#10: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 pm
    ----
Looks like a must have for sure. Cool

#11: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:11 pm
    ----
Dennis - maybe we were there at the same time, but never knew it!
I guess at the time I didn't realise how lucky I was to have such a good bookshop nearby. It's a difficult business - I was sorry to see Chris Evans close down, but it wasn't paying.

#12: Re: Wheatcroft photostudy book on the APG Tiger? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 pm
    ----
FYI,
The Research Project was just updated to the following:

"Due to our layout editor moving countries an inevitable delay has been inccured and it looks as if we will go to print in the latter part of 2009."

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board