Painting forum..
-> Officer's Club

#1: Painting forum.. Author: Rixster PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm
    ----
I hope I'm not overstepping any boundary's by posting this..if so please delete this post (like I have to ask) Smile

Some of you may have read in a post by me about a changing of the forums at FSEconomy.com, and that's why we set up an Air Simba forum here for our group. Something I've wanted to do for a long time was have a forum dedicated solely to the art of repainting aircraft and I had planned on doing it there. With the changes, that's not going to happen. So, I had two choices..ask you all to host it here, or set up one up myself...I chose the latter..why? well I wanted it to be about painting aircraft and only painting aircraft, nothing else and I didn't want people to scroll through a list of other forums to find the painting stuff. Now I know there are a lot of good forums out there already with a ton of useful info about painting, the problem is there buried in other stuff. Trust me when I say though that if it's a question we can't answer, we'll refer someone to the right place (if we can find it)

so long story short, the FSE Paintshop is up & running..there's no "useful" information there yet as far as Q&A's, and painting tutorials or stuff like that but there will be soon. I had a lot of positive response to this from some of the best painters I've seen and they've all offered to chip in and help so we'll see how it goes...

This forum is dedicated solely to helping people learn how to paint, and generate ideas on the best way to accomplish that..so whether your an experienced painter, or someone who's always wanted to learn please stop on by and visit!

you can find the Paintshop at:

rixster7077.proboards.com/index.cgi

again, my apologies if I shouldn't be advertising for this here....probably should have asked first but where's the fun in that Smile

#2: Re: Painting forum.. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 pm
    ----
Good Job Rixster!!

We've been in discussion about doing some Video Tutorials for our members. That may be something to consider.. Wink

#3: Re: Painting forum.. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:49 pm
    ----
probably should have asked first

Let's not pick up any bad habits!
Wink

#4: Re: Painting forum.. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm
    ----
will you be using any Skwerril hair brushes? Twisted Evil

#5: Re: Painting forum.. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 am
    ----
Whew! For a minute there I thought we'd be dealing with a tribute site to Bob Ross

#6: Re: Painting forum.. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:46 am
    ----
Bob Ross is amazing I think...but I bet he's not much in painting Sim aircraft..lol

#7: Re: Painting forum.. Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 am
    ----
Ahh well, I was wanting to paint CFS2 aircraft, never learned how...can anyone point me in the right direction? I have Adobe photoshop 7, worked well with CFS1 aircraft, just have to adjust to layers and that mirror effect?

#8: Re: Painting forum.. Author: Rixster PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 pm
    ----
I believe CFS2 is set up similar to FS2002/2004..I might be mistaken (and usually am) I never painted anything for CFS2 but I'm hoping to have a basic painting tutorial up by this weekend at the Paint Shop for FS2004...stop on by and take a look and maybe it'll give you an indication of the right steps to take..

#9: Re: Painting forum.. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:23 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Bob Ross is amazing I think...but I bet he's not much in painting Sim aircraft..lol

Probably not, but I havea nice calming bf-109 with friendly little red skwirrel kill marks just here on the rudder to brighten my day as a soft yellow sun comes up over the horizon and I walk through the daisys to my cheery little plane with bright colors before I gently lift off into the misty morning breezes to blast the living crap out of any surviving red skwirrels that are out there trying to ruin our way of life and destroy all that is good and sweet in the world with my incindiary and armor-piercing rounds that lay total waste to the fuzzy little creatures and blasts them into bite-sized chunks for fireants to consume! Twisted Evil

#10: Re: Painting forum.. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 am
    ----
but tell us how you really feel about red skwirrels Twisted Evil

Piney

#11: Re: Painting forum.. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:18 am
    ----
Grrrrrs....!

#12: Re: Painting forum.. Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm
    ----
Dang Ascout, I detect feelings of animosity there Bud! Laughing

#13: Re: Painting forum.. Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:37 am
    ----
Sounds like my "happy place".... Shocked

-> Officer's Club