Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm
    ----

This is a vis-mod Panzer IV based on an unknown vehicle, seen in the film "Walkyrie". Any guess about the basis? There are 2 sets of tracks on both sides, the tracks, sprockets and roadwheels at the extremities seem to be fakes/not functionnal (added to hide the real driving train).

Other pics can be found here :

http://www.hiboox.fr/go/albums/html/valkyrie,2176d385629b73ddbc7cbdc42cdbfb16

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 am
    ----
I believe they were made for a film adaptation of the comic book "Sgt Rock", (which never made production). A movie hire business in CA owns them, a bloke who was associated with the film Valkyrie posted on a forum which I can't readily recall - I think it was perhaps Axis History or Missing Lynx.

I thought he said that they were based on a Sherman running gear, with an outer set of tracks added.

#3: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm
    ----
Some more pictures but I'm no closer to ID:ing the base vehicle, they are just to well made (for once) and with the side panels covering the running gear ... well?

#4: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm
    ----
If it is an M4 based vehicle, looking at the style of steel tracks on the vehicle I would think it is a Grizzly/Grizzly variant. Even if that is the case, it looks like the vehicle spent major time in the chop shop to change/hide an M4 hull.
I didnt see the movie, does the vehicle actually move or is it shown on static on screen?
Was the movie any good?
Besides his role in "Born on the 4th of July", I dont see T.C. playing a historical character.
SR

#5: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm
    ----
Over on Missing-Lynx, the vehicle designer explains what he did:

www.network54.com/Foru...r+Valkyrie

Pics of the tanks when they were mocked up as Pz IV Ausf D's can be seen on the Veluzat Army Rental website:

www.melodyranchstudio..../tanks.htm

#6: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 am
    ----
I enjoyed the film, thought it was well done and TC did an admirable job.

BTW the Type 82 Kubel replicas were on US E-bay for sale but they apparently didn't make reserve

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...240%3A1318

#7: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm
    ----
In that opening sequence there is a Sd Kfz 222, as I recall, which looked fairly decent.

Don

#8: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 pm
    ----
- Dontos
In that opening sequence there is a Sd Kfz 222, as I recall, which looked fairly decent.

Don

This is the one:

#9: Re: Panzer IV basis in the film "Walkyrie"? Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
[quote="Rikard_Hufschmied"]

quote]

I recall that one too, on the right in these two photos, the barrel on the 20mm is elevated right up.

-> AFV News Discussion Board