From THE Motor Pool
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 pm
    ----
I thought this might be a good way to post some photos of vehicles in Richardson Motor Pool.

Starting with the MICV 65:

More to come
Don

#2: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 pm
    ----
One of several M60 series tanks.

Here is an M60A1. This was previously static displayed on Eisenhower Ave, near the Burger King.

Don

#3: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:58 pm
    ----
Another M60A1.

I'm not sure where this one was previously displayed.

Don

#4: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:37 pm
    ----

This is the StrurmHaubitz 42. Previously displayed in the WWII Gallery of the Museum. It is purely a cosmetic restoration, and is nonoperational.

Don

Last edited by Dontos on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm
    ----

This is the Munitionspanzer 38t.

It has been in nonviewable storage for many years after being displayed outside the 'old' museum.

Don

Last edited by Dontos on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 pm
    ----

#7: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 pm
    ----

#8: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:39 pm
    ----

#9: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:01 pm
    ----
Nice pics.

#10: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:28 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Nice pics.

Thanks.

Trying to get photos of the many vehicles which are stored here, but due to tight proximity, individual vehicle shots are quite difficult. The camera pole has given me the ability to take 'usable' vehicle photos.

I'll hopefully get the chance to get more this week. Perhaps this way I can get a comprehensive collection of photos for all the vehicles in the Motor Pool.

The 'work' goes on...
Don

#11: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:30 pm
    ----
Do you have a good wide-angle lens? My current camera has a 28mm, but I used to have an older one with a fantastic 22mm. Of course you do have to put up with a bit of 'fish-eye' distortion.

#12: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 pm
    ----
Did you found a serialnumber on the type 69?

Regards,
Lesley

#13: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Do you have a good wide-angle lens? My current camera has a 28mm, but I used to have an older one with a fantastic 22mm. Of course you do have to put up with a bit of 'fish-eye' distortion.

No 'bells & whistles' on my camera, as it is a simple kodak digital.

Don

#14: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:22 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Did you found a serialnumber on the type 69?

Regards,
Lesley

I thought it had been recorded previously, but I'll get it on my next visit.

I have a bunch of russian vehicles (via Iraq & DS 1) to 're-shoot' as well getting photos of the many that have not been photographed very much, in the past.

Guess I need to record any missing SN/RN data to be included with photos.

Regards
Don

#15: Re: From THE Motor Pool Author: 3R22RLocation: Ste-Agathe des Monts QC PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:08 am
    ----
One question about the MICV 65; Are those gun ports on the rear of the vehicle??? never saw that before.

-> AFV News Discussion Board