OT- Wingie Thingie Fans
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: OT- Wingie Thingie Fans Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:10 pm
    ----
For any of 'ya'll' who might have the interest. There is a Saber Jet displayed at the below link

LSU Tiger Stadium Saber Jet Display

A Corsair (A6?) at the USS Kid Display:

Corsair Display

And an Original 'Flying Tigers' P40 War Hawk:

P 40 War Hawk

Enjoy
Don

#2: Re: OT- Wingie Thingie Fans Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:50 pm
    ----
Uhh Don,

Not Sabre, Shooting Star, either P-80 or T-33.

Missing Louisiana and doing an Aerial recon Wink ?

BTW, Talked to Yambo,

Might be linking up at Leonard Wood soon.

#3: Re: OT- Wingie Thingie Fans Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Uhh Don,

Not Sabre, Shooting Star, either P-80 or T-33.

Missing Louisiana and doing an Aerial recon Wink ?

BTW, Talked to Yambo,

Might be linking up at Leonard Wood soon.

Shooting Star, huh. Oh Okay.

I got an email from an old college buddy and it reminded me of one of my exploits while attending College.

In my Freshman year at LSU (1978!?), I attempted to climb up into the jet, a get photos while standing on the wing. Since there are no engines, I climbed up thru the exhaust, but while being hoisted up, dropped my bottle of Southern Comfort. The guy who hoisted me up was so distraught at the loss, he threatened to leave without taking a photo, so I jumped back to 'terra-firma'. Never did get that photo....

The P40 WarHawk was stored for over 40 years within the confines of Tiger Stadium. I spent many an evening exploring, trying to find it. At that time, it was purely an urban legend, which turned out to be true.

It was donated to LSU in tribute to the former President of LSU, Claire Chennault.

In the late early 90's, the P40 was given to the USS Kid memorial (Museum), and put on display.

Missing Louisiana?? Not really, just remembering my assorted past.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board