Back to Romania....
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 pm
    ----
If I get the chance, any special specific requests from the Mil. Museum in Bucharest (assuming they don't recognize me from previous visits and deny me entrance)?

#2: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm
    ----
any artillery you see, Photos would be appreciated.

#3: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
any artillery you see, Photos would be appreciated.

AJ,

You have no idea....the place is lousy with artillery. Like paper cups on the ground after Kentucky Derby Day. Laughing

You have some reviewing to do...

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=75

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=30

#4: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:36 am
    ----
Lousy to you,

A treasure to others Smile

#5: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Lousy to you,

A treasure to others Smile

Just an expression. I've never seen so much artillery packed into such a small space. Wink

Jim Webster may have detailed a lot of these guns on his site, I'm pretty sure he's been at least once, if not more.

#6: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 am
    ----
oh wow, I think that was before I showed up here,
thanks Doug

#7: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 am
    ----
All tanks with their serials and registrationnumbers!

Have a nice trip!

regards,
Lesley

#8: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Jim Webster may have detailed a lot of these guns on his site, I'm pretty sure he's been at least once, if not more.

Yes - Dad has at least two dvd's crammed with images from there. If someone bugs him directly he will probably post some.

#9: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 pm
    ----
- Jared
- Doug_Kibbey

Yes - Dad has at least two dvd's crammed with images from there. If someone bugs him directly he will probably post some.

Note that we now have an "artillery forum" adjacent to this one, and Neil (and everyone else, probably) would be delighted to have said images posted there.

Maximum 10/thread, but no limit to number of threads you can start. I've always focused on the armor there, and as noted previously, they charge for images, last I heard and visited Rolling Eyes

#10: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
All tanks with their serials and registrationnumbers!

Have a nice trip!

regards,
Lesley

The Mk.IV had a turret that is only held closed with a bit of wire, but as they have armed guards, I've never dared. Maybe I prevail on somebody to open so we can try to get shot of data plate.

I recall that somebody here knew where to look inside for that. Remind me.

And do it soon, please, I leave tomorrow AM.

#11: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:06 pm
    ----
Over at the CDSG site you can post as many pics as you have, they have no limit and put a link here to the site...It seems to work pretty well. I don't know if it ok to do that, but someone will know. here's a link to the site..
tinyurl.com/bt98l4

If this isn't ok someone please tell me..

#12: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:53 pm
    ----
I second Lesley's request for pics and serials on any tanks there, including the T-55s etc. - usually they're just stamped into the lower glacis plate. I don't know where to look for a Panzer IV, though, sorry.

#13: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I second Lesley's request for pics and serials on any tanks there, including the T-55s etc. - usually they're just stamped into the lower glacis plate. I don't know where to look for a Panzer IV, though, sorry.

"Ossie" (MIA, haven't seen him in a while) was keen for modern WP tank images which I posted in same thread:

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=15

...as you can see, these were unfortunately displayed between a building and high hedge that makes good overall views impossible. They are blessed with more items to display than space with uninterrupeted view. Perhaps that has changed, but I'm not counting on it. I considered myself lucky that the hedge had been pruned compared to some pictures there I'd seen from the past.

#14: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 pm
    ----
Yes, I looked through that thread - if there's any way you could lean in and take some closeups of the glacis that would be great. There are examples here from the T-55s at Muckleburgh (T-34s are similar but tend to have them on the lower edge):

www.com-central.net/in...h&start=15

However, I appreciate it may not be practical so don't go to any trouble.

#15: Re: Back to Romania.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 pm
    ----
I'll what I can do. Assuming I get a chance to to there, shouldn't be a problem. So far, I've been lucky about snow, but it's March now.... Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board